Parents Bar Fairy was in town!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
As some of you may remember, both of my girls have been struggling with bars. My oldest is working hard on her handstand pirouette & giants. She got her pirouette last week (5 times in a row!!) and when i asked if she rang the gong, she said no way! She did not want everyone to stop and watch her, lol.

On Tuesday the girls were going to miss practice b/c we were leaving for a short New Years trip. I asked if they could come in for a couple of hours to do some drills, and they were allowed to go for 2 hrs during the winter camp. Little Monkey has been struggling over her Level 5 jump to high bar for over a year. She had gotten better but was still inconsistent. So...apparently she too had a visit from the bar fairy this week, and this is the video that big DD took on her cell phone on Tues. It's very fuzzy b/c it came from her phone but here goes
YouTube - 12-30-08 1107

DD's first meet is next Sunday.

Good job on yr girls bars skills, its a great feeling for them! Good luck at the meet ...

How exciting for both of them. I remember LM struggling with her jump to high bar. Glad she finally got it! Just in time for the meet! :D And congrats to your oldest for getting her pirouettes! That is awesome. Loved the blurry cell video. Sweet of her sis to get that.

Sounds like you have a hold on that bar fairy with both DD's getting skills! Fantastic news!

(BTW - that Handstand pirouette is a killer isnt it?)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back