Bar Problems

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasn't quite sure which one it'd go into.

Lately I've been having some problems on bars. One day I can do my cast handstands every time, the next I fall over without even getting my legs together (I do straddles). Another day I make every clear hip handstand I throw, the next I can't get past horizontal. Some days 1/2 pirouettes are the easiest things, the next I'm stuck for 30 min. trying to do four. Other days I can't even make giants.

What's going on? I competed the standard level 7 bar routine 2 years ago and then the level 8 routine with the clear hip on the high bar last year. The only skill I couldn't get last season was my half pirouette, and without that I had a low 8 / high 7. I'm usually really consistent with my casts and giants and I was getting better at clear hips and pirouettes, but lately I just can't seem to do anything.

I'm getting ready for my second year of level 8 and I was expecting to be really prepared for the season, but I find myself not being able to do anything I try. I have my other three events, and I can't learn harder skills until I have all four.

What do I do?

Thanks!

^^ thats the first thing i thought also!
be patient. you body needs time to adjust to its new hieght. one you adapt stuff will start to come back. sometimes growing comes at the most annoying times, but you have to deal with it.

someone's growing...

Sounds like it to me too. Work on your conditioning and don't get too disheartened, it will come back! Grit your teeth and repeat "it's a phase". Which is my parenting mantra for just about everything, in fact :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back