Parents Bar routine question level 10 or elite

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There are almost no realistic Fs in elite except on fx: DLO, 3.5 twist, pike arabian (Dos Santos). The double double bar dismount is an F, but not the full twisting DLO (which is often devalued anyway). The DLO on fx is among my least favorite skills. Even nice ones suffer from significant shape execution deductions. Unless you are Simone, I prefer the Valeri way (which actually scored highest at junior worlds 2019) of twisting and/or connecting passes.

I don't think a single rail release is essential for jr elite. You can make that deficit up in circles, grips, and/or a shaposh-style uprises. Or forget bars until next year and go for a safe 11.7-12.0 while making up the 50.5 on vault and/or beam.

A core jr elite course of skills would be:

Beam:
Side aerial D
Front aerial D (usually in combination with B dance)
Additional C or D acro
C dismount, or a clean double tuck (pikes take deductions, but the heel drive is easier for many gymnasts)
Switch half D or wolf turn C/D (most common, but neither is essential)
Switch leap C
Additional C or D dance

Fx:
Tuck D
Pike D
Back or front twist C or D
extra C or D acro, hopefully in combination
Three clean C or D dance, hopefully not a switch ring which is nearly always devalued and overly deducted. Examples might be switch half, Johnson, tour jete full/half
*Fx dramatically scores the lowest of all 4 events so go big and go CLEAN.

Bars:
Uphill C (D if Shaposh-style element)
Downhill (pak or shootover, but they prefer pak because it connects at upper levels) D
hopefully a single rail (if you need to do a low piked jaeger, just say no) D
reverse grip of some sort (weiler, blind, jaeger, endo) C/D
Full out or DLO dismount D
Don't push the 360 until it's ready. It's easy to take .8 execution on them and stressful to hit in a meet. If you can hit it like Kocian, it's a D (C if giant full)
CIRCLE CIRCLE CIRCLE CIRCLE CCCC (not in a row, but you get my point)
*Half the routines I've seen this year are headed to a nice 12.5 until they hit the 360 and drop to 11.7 on just that one skill

There are almost no realistic Fs in elite except on fx: DLO, 3.5 twist, pike arabian (Dos Santos). The double double bar dismount is an F, but not the full twisting DLO (which is often devalued anyway). The DLO on fx is among my least favorite skills. Even nice ones suffer from significant shape execution deductions. Unless you are Simone, I prefer the Valeri way (which actually scored highest at junior worlds 2019) of twisting and/or connecting passes.

I don't think a single rail release is essential for jr elite. You can make that deficit up in circles, grips, and/or a shaposh-style uprises. Or forget bars until next year and go for a safe 11.7-12.0 while making up the 50.5 on vault and/or beam.

A core jr elite course of skills would be:

Beam:
Side aerial D
Front aerial D (usually in combination with B dance)
Additional C or D acro
C dismount, or a clean double tuck (pikes take deductions, but the heel drive is easier for many gymnasts)
Switch half D or wolf turn C/D (most common, but neither is essential)
Switch leap C
Additional C or D dance

Fx:
Tuck D
Pike D
Back or front twist C or D
extra C or D acro, hopefully in combination
Three clean C or D dance, hopefully not a switch ring which is nearly always devalued and overly deducted. Examples might be switch half, Johnson, tour jete full/half
*Fx dramatically scores the lowest of all 4 events so go big and go CLEAN.

Bars:
Uphill C (D if Shaposh-style element)
Downhill (pak or shootover, but they prefer pak because it connects at upper levels) D
hopefully a single rail (if you need to do a low piked jaeger, just say no) D
reverse grip of some sort (weiler, blind, jaeger, endo) C/D
Full out or DLO dismount D
Don't push the 360 until it's ready. It's easy to take .8 execution on them and stressful to hit in a meet. If you can hit it like Kocian, it's a D (C if giant full)
CIRCLE CIRCLE CIRCLE CIRCLE CCCC (not in a row, but you get my point)
*Half the routines I've seen this year are headed to a nice 12.5 until they hit the 360 and drop to 11.7 on just that one skill
This is great- thank you!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back