Beam Fairies Please!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all, DD has another meet this weekend. After falling at the last meet on beam, we are in desperate need of as many beam fairies as we can ralley! Sticky feet water is not going to work again!:) She had a great practice last night and seems to have gained some confidence back. She knows that we do not care if she falls off, but I know she doesn't like the score that comes with it. Can't they all be winners?:D Well, they all really are. They all are truly amazing and watching all the girls that come to these competitions really is inspiring. Anyhow, beam fairies for a great leap and sticking that darn cartwheel, please! Thanks all!

fantasy025.gif
Maybe this fairy dust will work for the cartwheel :D ! Sending lots and lots of great wishes, along with the beam fairy for Emma's meet! Hope she has her prettiest, highest, longest leap ever!

fantasy025.gif
Maybe this fairy dust will work for the cartwheel :D ! Sending lots and lots of great wishes, along with the beam fairy for Emma's meet! Hope she has her prettiest, highest, longest leap ever!

Thank you! I think she is feeling much more confident, and that is really half the battle. Mom is going to need medication to make it through! :D

You are so right... confidence means everything in gymnastics. A was just telling me yesterday - "if you think you can, you can" :D. It is so true!

Sending the help mom get through without any nerves fairy for you LOL... may not work, but the thought counts right? :p

Glad she is feeling a bit more confident, amazing how a bit of time in with the coach can really help. I'll be sending a Balance Fairy to her. I think both of my girls could do with a visit from her too, they seem to be having a wobble fest this year!!

Have a great meet.

You are so right... confidence means everything in gymnastics. A was just telling me yesterday - "if you think you can, you can" :D. It is so true!

Sending the help mom get through without any nerves fairy for you LOL... may not work, but the thought counts right? :p

It IS the thought that counts, and I really do appreciate it! I am usually not a nervous spectator, but after seeing her face and her little shoulders slump, I just wanted to run down and scoop her up. I do not want to see her sad like that again. I really do not think she will beat herself up like that again so that is good. When is A's next meet? I am not looking forward to this weather that we will be heading into. Yuck! I am truly a Florida girl. Thanks again!:)

Glad she is feeling a bit more confident, amazing how a bit of time in with the coach can really help. I'll be sending a Balance Fairy to her. I think both of my girls could do with a visit from her too, they seem to be having a wobble fest this year!!

Have a great meet.

So true. I spoke with her coach and she said she didn't tell her anything new, I think DD was just at a point where she was ready to get over her fear. Thanks for the fairy...Saturday around noon please!:) I'll send her right back for your girls!!:D

It IS the thought that counts, and I really do appreciate it! I am usually not a nervous spectator, but after seeing her face and her little shoulders slump, I just wanted to run down and scoop her up. I do not want to see her sad like that again. I really do not think she will beat herself up like that again so that is good. When is A's next meet? I am not looking forward to this weather that we will be heading into. Yuck! I am truly a Florida girl. Thanks again!:)

awwwww, I know what you mean - you just always want them to know how successful they are, even when things did not go as they hoped... she will do fantastic, and i am betting on her having her best meet so far this season! :D

A had a meet this last weekend, It was a home meet, but after being sick and throwing up for 5 days off & on, and losing her jump to the high bar (which was gone for the entire week, and now back to normal, go figure) she fell on her sqaut on - again (oops). Coach lifted her to the high bar, and she knew he would need to do so prior to so it was fine for her. She had so much fun though, and our gym had gazillions of giveaways. It really was a blast. I worked - timing beam - during her session and missed her almost everytime... drats! Well, except beam, which I can barely remember LOL! Next meet will be Region 5 Cup. Just want to keep her mind clear & confidence up because I think her falling in 1st meet on bars, is the reason she blocked this last time - she just keeps telling herself "I can" soooo, guess she will ha ha! I am a Cali girl myself, and really not enjoying the weather either... please let spring get here quickly!!

Best wishes to your adorable DD! Hope she has a great meet & shows that darn beam who's the boss!!! I used to tell my DD..."Your the boss of that beam! You can do it! Go on out there & show it who's boss!". Really used to help pump her up & build her confidence:). I still say it some times...usually gets me a "Mom!" & "the look"...she's a teenager now!LOL!

Confidence is the last thing I always say to my gymmies before they salute the beam judge. It is the make or break element for competing beam. Good luck to her and pump up that confidence! I'm sending the confidence fairy your way.

awwwww, I know what you mean - you just always want them to know how successful they are, even when things did not go as they hoped... she will do fantastic, and i am betting on her having her best meet so far this season! :D

A had a meet this last weekend, It was a home meet, but after being sick and throwing up for 5 days off & on, and losing her jump to the high bar (which was gone for the entire week, and now back to normal, go figure) she fell on her sqaut on - again (oops). Coach lifted her to the high bar, and she knew he would need to do so prior to so it was fine for her. She had so much fun though, and our gym had gazillions of giveaways. It really was a blast. I worked - timing beam - during her session and missed her almost everytime... drats! Well, except beam, which I can barely remember LOL! Next meet will be Region 5 Cup. Just want to keep her mind clear & confidence up because I think her falling in 1st meet on bars, is the reason she blocked this last time - she just keeps telling herself "I can" soooo, guess she will ha ha! I am a Cali girl myself, and really not enjoying the weather either... please let spring get here quickly!!

Sounds like a fun meet. We do not hast a meet at our gym. I hate that A was sick. That takes so much out of their tiny little bodies. So, you were the dreaded beam time keeper! I wouldn't want that job, especially when I have a gymmie competing. I know what you mean about getting a block. DD messed up on her cast last year @ Circle of Stars and had to give an exta pump. She did it the next meet and States. I love A's can do it attitude. Emma said something very similar to me about saying "I can do it". She has her last practice before the meet tonight. Hopefully it will gain her more confidence. I am right there with you hoping for warm, spring weather. I am also hoping for no snow/ice on the road weather for our drive up north!

Best wishes to your adorable DD! Hope she has a great meet & shows that darn beam who's the boss!!! I used to tell my DD..."Your the boss of that beam! You can do it! Go on out there & show it who's boss!". Really used to help pump her up & build her confidence:). I still say it some times...usually gets me a "Mom!" & "the look"...she's a teenager now!LOL!

Thank you! I am going to do the whole boss of the beam thing. She is normally a pretty steady beam girl, but this whole confidence thing has thrown her for a loop! I have a teenager too! I still do things like that to him before baseball games....I get a similar response!:)

Confidence is the last thing I always say to my gymmies before they salute the beam judge. It is the make or break element for competing beam. Good luck to her and pump up that confidence! I'm sending the confidence fairy your way.

Thanks for the confidence fairy! I hope she gets a similar send off before her beam routine. Thanks again!

Don't know how your dd's thoughts work - but what I always told my dd seemed to help her. I always said that I rather see her totally go for it and fall than play it safe and stay on. That way she would leap big, hold the handstands, etc. and usually end up sticking them as well. Somehow knowing that going for it was more important than staying on gave her confidence and she did better. I hope your dd has a great meet this weekend - whether or not she stays on the beam ;)

Lots of Beam Fairies are being sent your way. I tell my gymnasts to become friends with the beam, and of course they think its funny but it gets their mind off of the stress right before they go on.

Another trick for cartwheels is tell her its like a rainbow, both legs have to complete the rainbow. its something they can relate to and gives a less stressful point of reference before they go on.

Lots of Beam Fairies are being sent your way. I tell my gymnasts to become friends with the beam, and of course they think its funny but it gets their mind off of the stress right before they go on.

Another trick for cartwheels is tell her its like a rainbow, both legs have to complete the rainbow. its something they can relate to and gives a less stressful point of reference before they go on.

Great ideas! I will pass them along to her. I love the explanations that a seven year old can actually visualize and grasp. She stuck them in her routines tonight at practice so hopefully she can keep the streak up! Thanks again!

Don't know how your dd's thoughts work - but what I always told my dd seemed to help her. I always said that I rather see her totally go for it and fall than play it safe and stay on. That way she would leap big, hold the handstands, etc. and usually end up sticking them as well. Somehow knowing that going for it was more important than staying on gave her confidence and she did better. I hope your dd has a great meet this weekend - whether or not she stays on the beam ;)

That is usually what her coaches tell her. However, at the last meet that didn't work so well so she developed this confidence issue when she fell...twice. She knows that nobody will be mad if she falls, and her coaches always say exactly what you said. But, at this point she just needs a little confidence boost. I am not sure if it is an age thing, but she doesn't quite get it about the going for it. She just wants a blue ribbon. I guess at seven, it's all about the bling for her!!!:D Thanks!

Lots of good luck wishes to Emma. I hope that she has fun and that she sticks everything on the beam. I tell my DD to kick that beams butt. It makes her laugh. I also tell her to show that beam who is boss.

Lots of good luck wishes to Emma. I hope that she has fun and that she sticks everything on the beam. I tell my DD to kick that beams butt. It makes her laugh. I also tell her to show that beam who is boss.

Cute! I am willing to try anything to build up her confidence. Thanks for the good luck wishes. Hope everything is going well for you all.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back