Beam move named at 2011 JO Nationals after 2 Jersey girls

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomof1

Proud Parent
I am so excited. One of the L10 from my DDs gym who went to nationals has been working on the illusion to scale move for quite awhile before doing it at this years nationals. Her name is Lane Jarred and if any of you other gymnasts want to learn the move you can see it on you tube or on Lane's website. As I understand it you have to put in the paper work then perform at a National event. Then it is named after the gymnast. However this move is named after two NJ girls because the junior girl was able to perform it before Lane who is in the senior group. Guess there is no patenting a gym move lol. If any of you gymnasts do it please let me know--it’s so neat having the move named after someone we know :D

I just showed the video clip of the skill to my DD. Right away she said "Oh that's an illusion I've been wanting to learn that!". And here I was thinking I had one up on her & I was showing her something she'd never heard of. Gymnasts, ya gotta love 'em;)!

Wow!!! I just Googled it, what a cool move:cool:!!! Congrats & good luck to both gymnasts performing this move at your gym!!!

Only Lane goes to my DD's gym. As I understand it the other girl saw Lane do it at the regionals camp and wanted to do it too but Lane didn't know that she would do it at nationals too.

I just showed the video clip of the skill to my DD. Right away she said "Oh that's an illusion I've been wanting to learn that!". And here I was thinking I had one up on her & I was showing her something she'd never heard of. Gymnasts, ya gotta love 'em;)!

So funny half the time my Dd will talk about a move or name of A skill and we have know idea what she is talking about lol. Hope your Dd does the M-J someday.

Our head coach/owner emailed us that it's official in the code of points as skill #3.505 Jarred value rating E which is the highest one can receive in JO program. We are so happy for Lane. She has been working on the skill for 2 years and injured her foot last year on the last event at regionals so she couldn't go to nationals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back