Beam & my feet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know this is nasty, but my feet sweat alot when I get on beam. so I ask for chalk. I get the chalk,and then all my teamates"need" some! Then there is barely enough for me!! Is there like antipersperint for your feet or something like that so I don't have to worry about getting chalk?:confused:

I'm not really sure about other options. I usually just grabed a block of chalk and my teammates and I shared it.

Eep i often get that too, and then i slip when i'm landing cartwheels and jumps, so i put chalk on, then it's hard to do spins :p

I know you can get stuff to stop you sweating on your hands... not sure if it'd work on your feet though

I take my own chalk, but all my team mates just use it. And then there's none for me! And i bought it >_<
sometimes i'll forget and leave my chalk at bars then go to vault and look over and see them all using my chalk for bars and im like 'use the chalk bucket guys! THE BUCKETTT!'

Yeah i'm in the sweaty feet club too. Hasn't been much of an issue with tumbling, but I still use a little bit of chalk sometimes, depending on what i'm working on.

We got yelled at at open gym for using too much chalk like our coaches actually got called and they were like can you get your girls to stop using so much chalk?

I don't have sweaty feet but my sister does and what she does for it is waves her feet in the air a little before jumps and stuff to dry the sweat ( it looks really funny). Also chalk is like the only thing the will make you stick so....

My gymmie also has sweaty feet and if anyone knows of a product that would help, let me know. At both gyms we've been at they do not allow the girls to chalk their feet on beam----no real reason given, just told NO. At one meet last season I saw her sneak some chalk on her feet and it was her 1st routine of the year with no falls. Coincidence?? Maybe.

at our gym we use the dust under the beams or wherever it is near the beams and it works relli well:Di use it for my hands cuz they get relli sweatie, and sometimes my feet do:p

yeah, i always used chalk on beam. just bring a big chunk over so that theres enough for you even when other ppl use it, too.

as for solving the sweaty feet problem.... theres this stuff called Certain Dri (anti perspirant) that i'm almost positive you can use on feet. (but i dont know for sure - you might want to read the package first) i've never known anyone who's used it on their feet for gymnastics, but i dont see why you wouldnt be able to.

One of my daughter's teammates had the same problem. She started wearing beam shoes and it really helped. Is this an option for you?

yep my friend has beam shoes she really likes them and they work really well ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back