beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippin fool 08

I have been having trouble doing my backwalkover on the high beam but I can do it perfecty on the low beam.
when I stand up there I say 1,2,3, go then after that I loose all of my confidence.
What Should I do. Do you have any advise for me?

i had that exact same problem what i did was put a stack of mats under the high beam to make it seem like i was on the low beam. then when i was consistent i took off one mat and then went on from there. now i have them consistent on the high beam

well hope that helps you
:)

Thank you I will try that and see if it helps
thanks cait

At my gymn we have an adjustable beam
so when the coach teaches them
(Im not allowed to do them yet) She says
5 times on the floor then she slowly moves
it up untill you get proper beam hight then
you do them on the proper high beam!

my coach does the same thing we will go up untill the beam is at 1200 and them we will have to take out the mat that is under there and go. The only thing is that i will go when there is a mat under but when the mat is not under i will not go.

I had a scary habit of doing all my skills on beam with my eyes shut when I was younger but I don't think that's what your looking for... why not get someone to spot you?

I ask and theysay you should be able to do it by yourself by now!!!!!

HA!
The mat thing reminded me of one time a girl at our gym was doing back walkovers and couldn't go w/o a mat underneath the beam, but one day my coach got fed up with it and took the mat out, and replaced it with a blue sheet of paper. And the girl went!!!
The only advice i can think to give you is get a spot, or just throw it!

HA!
The mat thing reminded me of one time a girl at our gym was doing back walkovers and couldn't go w/o a mat underneath the beam, but one day my coach got fed up with it and took the mat out, and replaced it with a blue sheet of paper. And the girl went!!!
The only advice i can think to give you is get a spot, or just throw it!

Thats brilliant lol

I have problems with that too! Well, now I wont even do them on a floor beam! My coach barely spots me but I wont go with out her there. They say its a mental thing. What they do for me was the mat thing and that really seems to help, but sometimes you just really need to just go for it! Your hands will always make it! Thats what I have learned!

!Randa!

What i do (like other's said) is start with the beam low then crank it up a little and do one, a little higher and do another one...and higher...until the beam is at it's regular hight...pretty much the same as the mat thing. Just remember to be Confident! And just keep looking for the beam when your going back...
This prob sounds stupid but i when im scared to do frontwalkovers on beam i just tell myself i can do it, stay confident, STAY TIGHT, and go! works for me..

GOOD LUCK

just think: whats the worst thing that could possibly happen? what exactly are you scared of? because when you think about it, its usually a simple thing. this really helped my with connecting my backhandsprings. also, you could ask a coach do just stand there, without spotting. then even if something happened they could catch you.

good luck!

I have been having trouble doing my backwalkover on the high beam but I can do it perfecty on the low beam.
when I stand up there I say 1,2,3, go then after that I loose all of my confidence.
What Should I do. Do you have any advise for me?
do atleast 200 more on the low then stack mats under high beam and go from there

I have the same exact problem with backhandsprings =/
What I do to make myself throw it is to visualize the skill while taking deep a breath then I climb up on the beam, give my self 15 seconds to throw, and if I don't, I just go back to medium beam, stick a couple, then go back up to high beam and repeat the process until I throw.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back