Parents Bean's Qualifier Results and Video!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We’re back from a wonderful weekend full of family fun! Niagara Falls is a great place to have a meet! Wax museum/haunted house/giant ferris wheel overlooking the falls/maze/rainforest café, and of course, the hotel pool and hot tub!! All topped off with a Qualifying score and a chance to put a face to the name of a fellow chalk-bucketer!!

The meet was well run, and we were once again, fortunate enough to be surrounded by some great parents.

Bean started on floor and did a wonderful job! With my parental glasses on, it was clearly a winner!!! The judges thought a bit differently, scored it 12.7-good for 3rd!

On to vault. Well, lets just say I earned a few dozen more grey hairs. 1st warm up, Bean hit the board wrong and did a fast handstand walk over it. Next, she tried another handspring (not the full) and splatted on the other side of it. By this time, we had a lot of support and encouragement from parents around us. It was so nice, they were all convinced she’d nail it. It wasn’t meant to be. 3 more practice vaults and 2 for the judges all landed on various body parts that included her face, but never her feet.

This was the first meet to include tears. So much frustration from my little girl, who had been landing that vault beautifully in practice all week. Fortunately, the judges saw more right than wrong with the vault, and scored it 11.95-and she took 7th.

Next Bean was on bars. Warm ups were lovely, every handstand hit, and a gorgeous, stuck fly away! With the judges eyes on, it wasn’t quite as pretty. She missed her handstands, and as a result had her start value decreased. Her giant looked great, and the flyaway was good and high. A few leg separations and a few little steps on landing gave her a score of 12.9-2nd place.

Lastly, it was beam. A fairly solid job (in mom’s opinion!) a little wobble here and there, but nothing to write home about! She ended with a 12.8-which gave her 3rd.

Overall score-down slightly from last meet-50.350, 1st place All Around!!!! And fully Qualified! I am SO proud of her for putting the horrible and scary vault behind her and going on to de her thing so well!

Thank you all for your good luck, it seems to have worked again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTUAi0R3Auw

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to edit my post to take out the video link (bad video, so I took it down) but the edit button is gone! Mods, feel free to edit away my link! And chalk-bucketers, don't waste your time on the video just yet!

Thanks!

I watched this morning with E, who is getting ready to go to her meet, we thought she rocked. Her floor was awsome and I loved her full. What do judges know. E was very excited when Bean did her giant. Sorry about the vault, it is a scary thing.

Great news on the qualifying score!!!

Watched the video, she rocks! Congrats on qualifying for the Ontario Cup. We met last season in Windsor my daughter was in the same category as yours. She enjoyed watching your daughter's success by video today :)

She looks lovely! Very tight and controlled - I love watching those fulls, LOL, I'm still getting used to seeing our teeny tiny ten year olds doing them - for some reason I thought we were further away from a skill like that - it seems like such a big one for some reason. That, and those two foot BHS on beam......now on to the tsuk's and BT on beam.......

Congrats to her on qualifying in such an outstanding way!

My dd does not have to qualify for Provincials - P3's and up automatically get to compete, so we don't have that added stress. A pure numbers thing, I'm sure, as Ontario is just so much larger population wise than B.C.

We have a meet this coming weekend, I'll do my best to get some video and then try to post it - I'll be needing some good luck with that!

Cheers

I have just been able to sit down and take a good look at the boards. I actually had put Bailey to bed, and after watching your video, went and got her up to see it. What an amazing kid you have there. She is really something. I don't know much about this sport as we have not been in it very long but from my little knowledge, I am excited to see what your DD is going to do. Keep me posted. What fun it is to follow such talent.

Thank you for the very kind response! I'm posting from my phone because I don't want to forget to share how much your words meant to me!

I've done the same in the past, and pulled Rayna from bed to share, but never imagined she'd be the reason to draw someone else from bed!
We'll be watching Bailey's video as soon as I get home! Have a great day, you've started mine off wonderfully!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back