WAG Becoming a judge in Australia

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

azara

Coach
Gymnast
Hi Chalkbucketers,

I've always been interested in the technical side of gymnastics and I think it would be very interesting to become a judge. I've been looking for information on the Gymnastics Australia webpage and found that the course I need to take is a beginner's judging course for WAG (as expected). Unfortunately, I can't find the timetable for when these courses will be held, or if there will be any near me. I live in the ACT and can easily get to Sydney, so I'm hoping that one of these two cities will have a judging course. Could anybody in the know tell me how to find this information, or just give some more details about becoming a judge in Australia generally?

Thanks so much!

Thank you. I'm sure this is a stupid question, but if I get my accreditation in NSW, I can judge ACT comps, right?

Yes, you will be able to judge in the ACT.

You need to create an account in the LMS in the link pineapple_lump included. From here you can apply for the courses.

The course is supposed to be the same... so yes. I looked a little more... You cannot log onto a course through LMS (or not that I can see through my personal account) Both NSW and ACT have an online form to fill in, ACT site is a little fiddly to navigate and information is very generic in places. I was looking to see who your state WAG judges rep is and could not find it, personally I would be contacting that person for info and assistance. I think you should attend a course in ACT if the timing suits, as that way you will be meeting members of your judging community :)

I would definitely go to a course in the ACT if I could, because I'll be living here for the next couple of years (uni) so would also be judging down here - plus, it's more convenient as I would have to make a trip up to Sydney to do a course there. I was confused about the ACT website as it doesn't seem like any beginner judging courses are being held at all for WAG, only MAG? I notice the later months are completely empty, though, so perhaps the courses just aren't scheduled yet. That's according to: http://act.gymnastics.org.au/ACT/Ed...spx?hkey=857d55f0-2d01-4baa-90cb-96e27264ae67

Thanks so much for all your help, I very much appreciate it! I'll call GACT very soon to ask them for some more specific information.

Gym ACT will put on a beginner judging course as soon as there are enough people wanting to do it. We might be able to help out with that. I'll send you a PM with our details and we can look at getting a course added.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back