Parents Been missing a whole lot of gym!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blackie6

Proud Parent
Well, DD had the Flu in Nov and missed alot of practice, then 2 weeks ago ended up with Strept throat and missed more school and gym time. Went back for 2 practices and then ended up with nasty gastro virus that lasted for a week and left her 5 lbs less and another week out of gym. It was actually the first time in 3 yrs we missed a meet, the Star Struck in Atlantic City yesterday. Sort of glad we missed though, it started late 7pm and parents told me they didn't start awards until after 10 pm! We have States in TWO weeks. Not expecting any big scores, but hope DD stays well enough to get in these next two weeks of states "crunch" time. It's hard to come back after not eatting for a week, she's so thin and weak. Hope no more cooties come our way, we just want to finish up this season with maybe a 33 or 34AA. Send those fairies over here , but make sure they got cootie spray, LOL

Oh my seems that you really do need some cootie spray !!!! I am so sorry that she has been so sick - good luck at States

She' really had it all. Poor little thing. Hope she stays healthy through States and beyond. Keep washing those hands!

Hope she feels better and stays well - sounds like she's already suffered her share of germs.
Have you tried acidopholus pills (the ones with the yoghurt bacteria) for children? My DD's dr recomended them - there's clinical evidence they increase immunity. You don't need a script.

Hope she stays well and finishes her season like she wants to. So hard to get one thing after another, that happened to me this year and I am just now really feeling like I am back to normal. I can't imagine how she is doing practice, I could just barely get what I needed to done. LOL. Lots of stay healthy fairies and meet fairies coming her way!

Wow, what a rough time she's been having. Think I'll send you the "can't take no more sickness fairies". She definately needs a break from being sick. Good luck during crunch time!

bless her heart! ~hugs~

I hope she stays well and gets her strength back! What great timing to get so sick huh? Pixie's gym was dealing with the H1N1 early in the season that seemed to take it's toll on her gym. It's so hard for the gymmies to stay germ free in that kind of environment. The gym has put one of the anitbacterial gel dispensers by the door for the girls to use on their way in & out. It's helped some but it's just really hard to get girls to understand about keeping their hands out of their faces and proper ways of coughing and sneezing. It doesn't help that some parents send their girls to gymnastics when they are full throttle contagious, lol!

Geez, she got hammered with nasty little bugs in the last couple of months. Even though its crunch time with 2 weeks to states, you might want to ease her back into practices this week. Leave a little early so she can get alot of rest and help her body recover. She really needs to be eating healthy and getting plenty of rest. I'm sure some of the schoolwork has backed up too!

Best wishes to your dd. Hope she gets her strength back soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back