Been so long.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Sorry folks. I joined here, made a few posts, then i disapeared for a while. So much going on I havent had time for anything.

Anyway, Miss Kadee made team. She is level two. She will be 5 Aug. 11th, and starts kindergarten in a couple weeks. What happened to my baby all the sudden? LOL

Im going to try and make it a point to come on here alot more often. Hopeing to learn alot from you ladies. She still really loves the sport and im going to support her in that for as long as she wants to do it. She got fitted for her comp leo at last practice. Its long sleeve. (is that the norm?) The colors are black and hot pink. Had to buy her some new practice leos. She grew out of all her old ones. But she is in between sizes and the leg holes on these ride up higher than her panties do. Not sure what to do about that. Bought her some bar shorts to wear over them, so it doesnt show. Plus she said she HAD to have bar shorts. ALL the big girls wear bars shorts and since she is a big girl..she needs them too. LOL

They are doing alot of fund raisers to going in their personal "kitties". What ever money they raise 90% goes directly into their personal account to fund meets and such. The other 10% goes to funding other fund raisers. Its nice to have that extra money tucked away for later if its needed. But, oh the work that goes into it.

Okay, well, I believe that is it for now. Gotta get to bed so I can get up in the morning and head over to another fund raiser.

I really do hope to get to know you ladies. And I know I can learn alot.

Thanks, Deanna

P.S. where do you post pictures? I dont want to post them in the wrong place.

Congratulations on your dd making team.

We too had the underwear showing under the leo issue. I got dd some underwear from the local ballet shop, nude coloured. They have a higher cut leg line than is normally on little girls underwear so they don't show under the leo. For practice I just try and match the pants to the leo, dd is not to fussed if they show.

Hi
I had a kindergartener level 2 last year. :) This year we are up to first grade and level 3. :) My girls generally don't wear panties under the leos unless it is a lightcolored leo and then they wear GK panties. Hope that helps.

Congrats on making team that is so fun.

Most competition leotards are long sleeve. I have however seen some of the lower levels from 2 - 4 wear sleeveless. Usually the gym will have them work out a night or 2 in the slong sleeves beofre meets for the kids to get used to them.

As to the undies problem someone once told me to think of leotards as swimsuits so we do and DD wore no undies untill comp tme. Our girls all wera tight shorts too for practice.

Great to hav you on board. you will learn lots and meet friends its a great CB world.

Thanks ladies. As far as the panties and the leos, I spoke to the coach about that. She said that they wear black underwear under their leos, they will come with the leo. So with that in combination with the fact that the leg holes are big around for her skinny legs, I dont feel comfortable having her not wear any. I had the same thought about the bathing suit vrs leo. So i asked and that was what i was told. That at competitions they do wear undies, just in the same color as the bottom of the leo. She is going threw a strange growing stage right now. In the past two or three months she shot up 3 inches, but hasnt gained any weight. Most of her height gain has been in her legs. She looks kinda goofy. Sorry not nice to say, but she has these longs skinny arms and legs, but still has that little kid belly and posture. That is starting to go away too since she has been on team, her posture is improving. But its natural for kids her age to stand with their bellys out. Or so im told. I honestly dont know, she is my first. So there is another question. How long until she stops looking like Kermit the Frog? LOL.
Again ladies, thanks a bunch

Good to see you back on CB. Congrats on making the team!! Long sleeves are very common for comp leos however alot of gyms do use tank leos for the lower levels. Our gym starts long sleeve leos at Level 5.

BTW...my DD who is 10 still has a buddah belly sometimes! LOL !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back