Parents Beetle L8 State Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys! I didn't realize how much I missed CB until I couldn't read or post anything for a weekend!

Beetle had her State Meet on Saturday. She was the only L8 from our gym to qualify so she was all alone. Although, she was thrilled that Gym Monkey was in her session. We also brought one of her teammates with us and then her l9 team came early to watch the last couple rotations.

She started on Beam, which she hates to start on. As far as straight legs and polish - it was her best routine of the year. She had a major wobble on her full turn. Honestly, I thought she was going off but she saved it. Flight looked really close but no connection. Score 8.425 one of her best of the year.

Onto Floor - Strong Clean routine. 8.95 (Still cant quite hit that 9.0).

Vault - As you might remember she rocked vault in her last meet. After that she started working Pike Tsuks. The Pike was strong but HC Wanted her to do 1 good Tuck Tsuk before she could Pike. All week leading up to the meet she was over rotating her tucks. To the point where she had to do 10 Tucks to even land one. Then would do 3 or 4 great pikes. HC Told her she still had to do the Tuck at State first. She did it. It was a little low.. kind of locked her knees and then had to take a few steps, not her best. Pike was low but cleaner (I think) Score 8.75.. she was Upset. To the point where she wasn't getting over it before she went to bars. Which worried me.. Doing the math she needed a 7.9 or so to qualify for Regions.

She kept looking up at me and pointing to vault. I wanted to send her ESP messages "STOP THINKING OF VAULT AND MOVE ON TO BARS!!!" we should have some sort of Mom/Gymmie sign language.. LOL

SO Bars.. another seesaw event for her this year. her scores have ranged from a 7.7 - 8.9 you just dont know what routine she will do.. well She goes up and does a clean routine hits her pirouette the first cast. 8.575! Woo HOO!

AA 34.65 Regions here we come!

She placed 8th on Floor and 10th in the AA. She was happy. The vault medal was really neat because her and Gym Monkey got to stand by each other. Neither Gym Monkey's mom or I got a good photo though!

Video will get cut and posted later today!

Great job Beetle! SHe has really risen to the challenge this year and has come a long way. Lovely to have a CB encounter and great news on making it to regionals.

Congratulations to Beetle on making it to Regionals! Tell all of the meets up to this point have just been warm-ups for Regionals - she will do great!

Nice going!! Congrats! Our regionals are April 9-10-11. Good luck!!!!:D

Congrats to Beetle! Sending her lots of luck for Regionals, especially that she can rock vault again. :)

Yeah! Congrats to her!! I saw her floor routine--she looked wonderful. Good luck to her at Regionals!!

Yahoo beetle! She has worked so hard this season. I am so glad she is being rewarded with at trip to regions! Can't wait to hear how that goes, keep us posted!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back