Beginning to Learn about the Gymnastics World

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello, all.

I'm joining this Forum mostly to help my own research. As I put on my profile, I have been a dancer for many, many years, and am getting a Bachelors to prepare me to be a wonderful dance teacher. My freshman year, I was a dance teacher at a local Y, and I met some nice staff members who spoke with me and showed me that they were gymnastics coaches a floor above me. They ended up picking me up, and having me coach dance-elements with their girls (I think they were levels 4-7?).

This was the highlight of every week, and was an inspirational time. All of the students were wonderful, dedicated, and very capable. What I regret most is that I didn't really understand the nuances of the gymnastics world. I could help them in the areas that overlap with dance, but the rest was all new!

So, I've decided that it would be only beneficial if I learned more about the gymnastics world, and would welcome help and mentorship from anyone willing to help me learn. For the most part, I plan to lurk for a while, and using these discussions as a launching point for my own research. The most important thing to keep in mind is that I don't know anything about the reality of the gymnastics world, but as a dancer I have complete and utter respect for what I've seen and I can't wait to understand it better.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back