Parents Being denied preteam opportunity

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry y’all! I didn’t see the replies immediately, as it was going to my junk mail. Anyway, she got on preteam at a much more prestigious gym. It’s 90 minute classes and only a handful girls aged 5-7 in the whole gym are in this program. So, class size is very small (there is one other girl in her class lol) the gym owner herself evaluated her and was very impressed with her.

She is still at her both her old gym-since I paid to finish her session- and the new one.

Her Monday coach at the old gym (who I adore!!) got her a tryout for preteam (with her Friday coach lol) but to be honest, I don’t think we will stay even if she makes it. She really pushed for any of the ‘higher ups’ to take notice but none of them did so oh well. Once they found out the better gym liked her, I guess they decided to give her a shot but I’m still upset!

I love the advice here!! Thank you all so much!!! I do want to say that I know she’s only five, and if she didn’t have incredible talent, I wouldn’t care. It’s iust hard to see someone so talented treated so poorly. I’m her mom, so when my daughter begs me to go to gym everyday, spends hours on her bars at home, and is constantly tumbling on my furniture, I feel like it’s my job to nurture that obsession. And when she was so clearly so very good, I got angry and frustrated for her. My older son plays baseball, and the best way I can describe it is how I would feel if he were to ride the bench every game undeservedly. I wouldn’t accept that, so why was their treatment of her acceptable?

I don’t push her, because to be honest, I would prefer a less demanding, less expensive hobby, but if she’s willing to do the work, then I feel the need to advocate for her.

Just for clarity’s sake- the Friday coach is the one who wouldn’t move her up. She is one of the coaches whose job it is to spot talent for their programs that funnel into team. The Monday coach is a rec only coach and she was trying to get someone above Friday coach to look at my daughter, because she kept moving up and it was getting to a point where it was ridiculous (she just moved up to level 4 rec- there are only 5 levels and she’s five lol)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back