best brand of leos for a long torso adult that is thin?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i was at a meet last week and saw a couple of leos that look like they might fit me and i think one was an adult medium, but i forgot to look at the brand! i currently have a GK adult xl and it is way too wide and definitely too short, so i think the sizing charts can be quite inaccurate, or at least built for shorter girls (which is understandable for gymnastics, but i am almost 5'7"). i feel like i just want ONE that fits, but i figured i'd ask if anyone knew of brands that have longer torso (ones that you dont have to custom order). thanks!

I'd have a look at the little people. Out of the big brands I only know of Zone that have a long torso option, and I'm not sure if they're available over there? If you're very narrow even a long torso might not help if you still need to go down in the width.

i know you said not custom, but you'll get the best fit. Smaller companies that don't mass produce are your best bet, as they usually won't be any more expensive. Have a look on eBay for work at home moms and the like too. I make Leo's and its no more effort to make one from measurements than it is from a standard pattern. When you make them one at a time it doesn't matter.

People on here have said great things about melody leotards. She will make custom is not expensive and has some patterns and solids that are not to kid like. I don't know her at all but on CB she has gotten very positive feedback.

Yes, I like Melody Leotards a lot. If you email or call her and ask about a custom sized leo, they'll do it. Their torsos aren't very long typically.

There is a lady on ebay who makes them the store name is flipflopleos the ones I got were excesively long and small in diameter I am an average height/weight and I just remember thinking they would work so good for a long torso thin girl. I know they are cheap and comes in lots of patterns. Other than that maybe you can try some on at a meet or some place they sell them, they all fit different from brand to brand and even styles within the brand.

There is a lady on ebay who makes them the store name is flipflopleos the ones I got were excesively long and small in diameter I am an average height/weight and I just remember thinking they would work so good for a long torso thin girl. I know they are cheap and comes in lots of patterns. Other than that maybe you can try some on at a meet or some place they sell them, they all fit different from brand to brand and even styles within the brand.

the pictures of her leos look like a decent length, but her size chart for her leos shows only a 57-59 inch torso for the largest size (adult large), and my torso/girth is 62.75"... :/

You can contact her and im sure she will do extra length but im telling you I normally were a gk large and her large was like 4 inches longer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Alpha Factor typically has a longer torso, although a very narrow butt/high leg cut. I'm very similar to you, 5'7'' and GK L/XL are short and wide. So if you wear shorts over your leo, alpha factor is a good choice!

I just placed an order from melody leotards, and i am pretty excited! She emailed me back and told me that it wouldn't cost extra for my torso measurement, and they let you choose your own colors on that website too :) I will let you guys know how the sizing and leotard looks if anyone else is curious about buying one from her! I got this one... Melody Leotards - Explosion Tank ...but with light blue, royal, and black. not red, white, and blue.

So Far I have been using GK Elite, but this summer I hope to make my own leotard shorts(whatever they're called) and maybe a leotard. It would be much cheaper this way.

i got this letoard from melodyleotards.com. this particular design is $45, you get to pick any three colors in whichever combination you'd like. and she added more than a few extra inches for a long torso size (without charging me extra! :) ) here are a couple of pictures. the second one i put up just because the lighting shows the material's shininess better Photo 1239_2.jpgPhoto 1242.jpg

and shipping was only $2.50 or so. very very reasonable pricing. and great for someone who is tall/long (i'm 5'7") and needs more than a couple inches added on!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back