WAG Best club close to Anaheim, California

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ruby&jack

Proud Parent
Hi!!! We will be traveling from Australia to the U.S next year and we are looking for my Elite gymnast daughter to train at while we're away…. any recommendations????????

Thank you in advance!!! X

Be ready for a bit of a drive & traffic coming from Anaheim. SCATS Gymnastics is probably the closest.

Other options: Wildfire Gymnastics, Azarian, Winner's, Precision, & AOGC.

I live here, (Azarian). Charter oak and all Olympia are the only elite clubs in the vacinity. If an elite program is not a necessity you have lots of options already mentioned. Of course you are welcome to train at our facility as well. Either way you are in for a drive to any of the gyms mentioned, half hour, due to daily traffic. Precision gymnastics is also a option, not sure what the policy is there.

I think if she's elite, you need to approach her coach, ask them, and get them to contact an elite coach and make introductions.

Coaches can be very precious about elite children, and won't want her with some random you found on the Internet ;). They could undo a lot of work in a short time.

Get the coaches to liaise so they can figure out a proper training plan for her.

Wow amazing opportunity for her considering Americas facility and coaches are far more advanced then Australia's. What level is she?

I live here, (Azarian). Charter oak and all Olympia are the only elite clubs in the vacinity. If an elite program is not a necessity you have lots of options already mentioned. Of course you are welcome to train at our facility as well. Either way you are in for a drive to any of the gyms mentioned, half hour, due to daily traffic. Precision gymnastics is also a option, not sure what the policy is there.

Thank you for your comment. What gym are you at??
Thanks

Doors may open for your daughter as an elite gymnast. My daughter is not but is currently Level 10. We travel to LA at least once a year for at least two weeks and we stay at my in laws who are in La Habra Heights. I've checked the following gyms

AOGC (where Maroney trained) - they charged $100 per workout then. I am told they moved to a new facility and now charge $150 per full workout day, a little less if you want shorter hours.

Precision - coach was nice when I spoke to him but initially indicated they are a smaller gym and cannot accomodate visitors. However, when he asked a little background on my daughter, he indicated if I don't find a gym, to call him again.

GymMax - the man I spoke with was asian and very nice but apologized that the gym is closed for two weeks during the Christmas season.

Wildfire - super nice owner and head coach Rick. Returned my call promptly, was extremely accomodating and get this, did not charge a cent. He said my daughter is welcome to practice with his team anytime. They are a top team according mymeetscores based on meet performance.

Azarian - never called Azarian because of distance but mymeetscores has them a top gym as well.

SCATS - I also called them but I can't remember exactly what I was told. They too were a little too far from where my in laws live.

Any of those gyms are great gyms. Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back