WAG Best gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ty’s Dad

Proud Parent
My cousin lives in Chicago Illinois and wants to sign his daughter up in gymnastics. Does anyone know what’s the name of the best gyms (girls with high scores) in that area

Depends on what you are looking for... the current high scoring high level club would be Legacy Elite. They have been the level 10 state champ team for many years now.

Last edited:
Also, to state the obvious. It depends on where in Chicago. Like any major city, the metro area is at least 2 hours Across depending on the time of day.

Agree Legacy Elite is a highest performing gym in the Chicagoland area, but Carol Stream is a pretty far suburb from the actual city limits. It would likely be nearly 2 hours to drive to it from some parts of the city in traffic. If your cousin's child is just getting into gymnastics and lives in the city, I would strongly recommend looking at something closer to home to start. There are many strong gyms with high performing optional programs, that get girls into college, etc. (some were mentioned by other posters). For a child just starting out, it seems crazy to seek out a distant gym because they are best at producing elite gymnasts.

Legacy elite is probably one of the best team in the country...
Their optional team is phenomenal- but their compulsory teams usually don’t place in the top 10 or even 20 during state competitions- I always found that curious. I don’t know if that’s because they are plucking the kids with the highest potential from compulsory and not having them compete full seasons, or if it’s because they just don’t put a lot of focus on the ‘details’ of compulsory.

Their optional team is phenomenal- but their compulsory teams usually don’t place in the top 10 or even 20 during state competitions- I always found that curious. I don’t know if that’s because they are plucking the kids with the highest potential from compulsory and not having them compete full seasons, or if it’s because they just don’t put a lot of focus on the ‘details’ of compulsory.
I would guess it’s the latter...same thing happens at GAGE and I know they have stated it’s because they don’t focus on winning compulsories, they focus on basics and progression.

Legacy elite is probably one of the best team in the country...
It is very far away from the actual city and with traffic you’d likely be in the car upwards of 3-4 hours round trip. Totally not worth it for a beginner.

Reactions: SMH

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back