Best place to find the all deductions for level 3 girls

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Looking for a place online to find what all is deducted for on level 3 girls..any help would be appreciated..

thanks
chad

The deductions are endless, to list them all would take forever. Is there a specific issue you need help with?

i guess there isnt a specific thing im looking for, my daughter is now on the her gyms competing team and i was just looking for things to help her with is all...didnt know if there was a list of things the judges looks for...thanks for the reply..

there are so many. easy to get 'tenthed to death' for bent arms, bent legs, toes not pointed, incorrect body shape, not holding handstand, too many steps before roundoff, hooking leg on mill circle..............you get the picture.

just try to enjoy that she is brave enough to be out there doing this. trying to figure out judging will only send you over the edge.:D

I, too, wouldn't worry about deductions- but if you want a general overview of what goes into a solid L3 (and other Levels too) routine I find this site helpful. Do not pay attention to the deductions, points, etc, on this site though- I think they are for AAU- but the routines and the breakdown are interesting to see. Bars, beam, floor, and vault are all there if you do a bit of wandering around.
Floor Exercise | Evergreen/Camas Gymnastics

This is from Wikipedia
USAG compulsory routines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, here is the USAG floor music and routines for compulsaries- from the USAG site
:: USA Gymnastics :: New Women?s Compulsory Music ? View Videos ::

i will look through these links as well, thanks for posting GymGirls Mom...

I, too, wouldn't worry about deductions- but if you want a general overview of what goes into a solid L3 (and other Levels too) routine I find this site helpful. Do not pay attention to the deductions, points, etc, on this site though- I think they are for AAU- but the routines and the breakdown are interesting to see. Bars, beam, floor, and vault are all there if you do a bit of wandering around.
Floor Exercise | Evergreen/Camas Gymnastics

This is from Wikipedia
USAG compulsory routines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, here is the USAG floor music and routines for compulsaries- from the USAG site
:: USA Gymnastics :: New Women?s Compulsory Music ? View Videos ::

my daughter is now on the her gyms competing team and i was just looking for things to help her with is all...

It is one thing knowing the deductions, but it is a whole other thing trying to help her fix routines at home. Gym is best left in the gym. Coaches teach things a certain way for a specific reason, parents trying to "fix things" at home can lead to confusion and even more time fixing things up in the gym.

If you want to find ways to help you daughter at home speak to her coach and ask if there is anything she can do at home. BUt it should be your child that wants to do those things, not you initiating it.

I understand Bogwoppit, she wants to get better and wants the knowledge..we arent teaching her at home, we let her coach do the coaching...this is more or less for us as parents..she has been doing gymnastics for about 3-4yrs but this is her 1st year competing..we are trying to learn as well..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back