WAG Best way to wrap a Rip??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GrayCatMom

Proud Parent
How is the best way to wrap DD's rip so she can continue to practice while it heals? We are doing the tea bag and the Prep H. It re-ripped during the second practice, so I want to make sure it heals this time.

Thanks in advance!

Does she use grips? If not (I don't),wrap tape around her palm. I use the stuff that sticks to itself with gauze.

Reactions: sce
Does she use grips? If not (I don't),wrap tape around her palm. I use the stuff that sticks to itself with gauze.
She does use grips. She was breaking in new grips which is what I'm guessing caused her to rip? Her old grips were wearing thin and causing her hands to hurt all the time.

You can make re-usable grips out of tape and wear them as an additional layer under regular grips to decrease friction.
There are some videos on youtube about how to make them.
One of her coaches made her one. She had stopped using it when she started with the new grips. I'll tell her to use it until the new ones are broken in.

Thanks!

It's rip season.

Tape grips under the regular grips.
I guess it is rip season with learning new skills!

One of her coaches had her use a balloon instead of the tape grip to reduce the friction. DD said it worked wonders! She cut a hole in the top of the balloon to put around her finger like the tape grip and then stretched to cover the rip and taped the bottom around her wrist. Who knew??!!

I guess it is rip season with learning new skills!

One of her coaches had her use a balloon instead of the tape grip to reduce the friction. DD said it worked wonders! She cut a hole in the top of the balloon to put around her finger like the tape grip and then stretched to cover the rip and taped the bottom around her wrist. Who knew??!!
I had heard about that... but I am Ms. Tardy to the Party this week, lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back