Bestie Moved

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SuperGirlmlm

Gymnast
Okay, my best friend is a guy. We aren't dating, I really like him, but just as a friend. He was that rare kind of guy, that was not immature, a good listener. He always talked in a quiet voice, even when he was mad and any other normal person would be yelling. He always keeps so calm, and a steady, quiet voice. His voice was deep, almost soothing.
So, he's moving to California, his dad got a job in Sacramento. Yesterday, he asked me if I could hang out, and I said I could. He told me that he was moving. He hadn't told anyone else yet, that he was moving tomorrow.
So, earlier today, we said our good-byes. He told me that he would be visiting for Christmas to see family, and we could hang out then.
Then, I spent the rest of the day with a tissue in hand. Just thinking and organizing my thoughts.
Then, I went to gymnastics, my friends could help me chill and get my mind away from reality, and help me get over this. And, it worked. They were always making me laugh, even my coach helped me! I feel really loved now.
Now, I'm still trying to get over this. I'm not crying anymore, I'm just not saying much and I'm not hungry, I'm just not in the mood for anything but my favorite thing in the world, gymnastics.
Any tips on how to get over this?
And am I just weird, or is gymnastics the thing that takes your mind away from everything to??
Thanks for reading this long rant, I really appreciate your support while I'm going through something hard in my life!

Aw, I'm sorry. That's hard. He sounds like a great friend. I felt sort of the same way when my favorite coach moved, although I wasn't as close to her as you were with your friend. Different people deal with these things in different ways. For some people, thinking of all the great times you had together helps make them feel better. For other people, that makes them more sad, and they try to not think about it. Just really depends on the kind of person you are. And yes, I love going to gym and taking my mind off everything else. Especially if I am mad and I can just throw that into everything to give me more power.
You can still stay in touch with him too! Call him, text him, email him. Or if you both have some sort of video chat, it will be almost like being there with him.
Hang in there, it will get better. And feel free to message me if you need anything or just need to talk. Best wishes to you :)

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back