Off Topic Better Late than Never...Dani's Nutcracker Performance VIDEO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello All,

Well, they rescheduled December's snowed out Nutcracker to this weekend where an even bigger snowstorm is expected :rolleyes:. These dancers just can't get a break!!! So, AGAIN, last night's dress rehearsal was turned into a performance. They moved the show to the local ballet studio so it was a very small and intimate setting. The dancers also had like NO rehearsal time the past few weekends and most of them had not even SEEN the stage and space that they were dancing in till last night's performance!! Talk about last minute!! A lot of the dancers had quit so there was some last minute changing up of dancers and choreography--two girls from Dani's dance number's just stopped doing ballet (they had just started pointe work and decided that they wanted to pursue other interests). See, even dancers get tired and burnt out and will leave the discipline at a moment's notice ;).

I just have to say how proud I am of Dani for being so flexible with all the changes and cancellations and last minute rehearsals. She is a real trooper for being able to be so spontaneous and improvising on some parts that she may have forgotten. All the kids (and adults) did a great job!!!

Here is a video of some of Dani's parts like I promised. In "Dolls That Grow" and "English", Dani is in pink. In "Mother Ginger Kids", Dani is the child that comes out of the skirt to the right closest to the right side of the stage (where I am filming). She also is the last child to do a front walkover towards the end.

Enjoy!!

YouTube - The Nutcracker - February 2010 - The Black Box Theatre

So cute, she must love the show and the costumes, so glad they finally managed to finally get the show on. Tell her she looked FAB!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back