Parents Big DD's season might be over

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Apparently, K hurt her heel Thurs. night and didn't tell me (even though coaches were aware). Last night, she didn't tumble at cheering because she said her heel hurt. Today, she went to practice and about 3 hrs into it, my friend texts me that she "thinks" DD might be hurt, b/c that's what her DD told her when she picked her up. Mine stays for an extra hr for cheering. So I got to the gym and called her out and she said she was vaulting and her heel was bothering her so she landed short and rolled her ankle. I talked to the coach and he said "she didn't hurt it today, she hurt it on Thursday" :rolleyes: OK, guess no one thought to tell me???

Anyway, tomorrow is the last Sectional meet, and DD needed this to qualify for States..... she's been icing her ankle all afternoon and taking tylenol/motrin but she says it hurts when she walks. So it looks like her season may be coming to an abrupt end....

Ohh I am sorry to hear about the injury.. I hope she is okay! Sending fast healing fairies stright to you in an overnight "FedEx" box!

Oh man! What a shame! Hopefully between the ice, Motrin, and all of the healing fairies she'll be feeling better in the morning!

ACK! As soon as I read "heel" I got a lump in my throat...that is a really difficult spot to be hurt. Stick that whole foot in ice!!! My DD says it's OK as long as you keep you foot very VERY still. Do the Motrin too. Sad to say though the only real clue to a fracture sometimes is an x-ray, even then it was difficult to p/up in my DD...make sure they do a comparison (L foot and R foot) if she needs one.

See how she is tomorrow before making the final call...we are keeping our fingers crossed for you. I know how hard it is to be in that spot thinking "what do I let her do?" especially after she worked soooo hard.

((HUGS))

Awww man! I'm sorry to hear that :-(. Try soaking in epsom salts and do the motrin and ice thing as well. Sending healing vibes your way!!!! :meditate::goodvibes::pray:

Hoping all the ice, etc, works and that it is nothing serious. Sending your DD all the good luck we had today at our meet.

Thanks for all the fairies, unfortunately DD is still in pain. Her coach texted me about an hour ago and I told her to scratch DD. We're heading out shortly so we can support her teammates. I'll be calling the ortho for an appt in the morning.

Sorry that she is still in pain. What a good teammate to go out and support her team. I hope it is nothing serious. Sending lots of healing fairies to your DD for her body and spirit. It has to be hard to miss out on this meet and States. (((Hugs)))

I'm so sorry to hear about the heel pain. We've got a few girls in the gym that have what they call Sevier's. It's a growth plate issue in the heel, apparently it is quite common in gymnast, soccer players, and other active kids still growing. Nothing to do for it but ice and motrin, but something called Cheetah heel cups really seem to help out. They wear them anytime they're tumbling. If it ends up being that, you might want to check into them. They're available on Ten-0 and many other places.

Good luck at the Ortho!

I'm sorry to hear about the injury but glad to hear you are getting her checked out. We had two different girls this year have heel pain. They each got x-rays only to find out they had broken their growth plates and were in casts for 12 weeks :(. I hope this injury is not that serious, but I'm glad you're following up to check.

I'm sending healing wishes your daughters' way....:)

That's too bad. Sorry to hear, I hope it's nothing too serious and it will heal quickly. Big hug for her!!

:(So sorry to hear this. I hope it turns out to be nothing, or something that can heal on its own so she can get back in that gym...if she is anything like my dd, she will want to get better and get back in!

I am so sorry that she is still in pain. What a tough thing to have to scratch from the meet. I will keep praying it is nothing serious and that she feels better soon. Yeah for her going to cheer for her teammates - I know how hard it must have been for her to be in the stands and not on the floor. ((((hugs))))

I am so sorry to hear that your dd scratched - she must be upset! They work so hard and then a stinkin' injury puts then out.

That was very nice of her to go and support her teammates though, hope everyone qualified.

Hope you get in to see the Ortho sooner rather than later (hopefully it is nothing serious).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back