WAG Big fish in a little bowl

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

ejmjpr

I don't mean to sound stuck up but I am the highest level gymnast at my club. I live in a small town were we have 1 gym and the next good club is 2-3 hours away. It really struck me tonight when I was stuck practising kips on bars when I should be working on release moves. I am a person that really likes to have people better than me so that I can watch and learn. I feel I have outgrown my club and moving to a bigger gym would be great for me. But as I am young and do not have the founds for this it is very unlikely. Any one have this problem or suggestions?

I am the highest level gymnast at my club.

. It really struck me tonight when I was stuck practising kips on bars when I should be working on release moves.

I don't know how the Australian system works but there's a HUGE difference here between a gymnast who would be "practicing kips " (which would imply to me that the person doesn't have the skill down pat; old Level 5) and one who should be "working release moves" (upper optionals, Levels 9 and 10) ...I couldn't imagine a level 9 or 10 here practicing Level 5 drills...is it the system in Australia because there seems be be a big disconnect in what you are doing and what you think you should be doing...

It might be advisable to try to bloom where you are planted. If higher level gymnastics is not really available to you in your area, is diving? Power tumbling? Track and field?
Nope we used to have diving but they got taken away. Track and field yes we have a pretty good set up for that but no really my thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back