BIG Gym or small Gym???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was wondering what other peoiples opinion was about going to a BIG gym or a small one? Our DD recently transferred from a BIG gym to a small one and so far the small gym seems to have a huge upper hand in training girls with a more individualized approach. It always appeared as though the BIG gym was a bit "cookie cutter" and tried to put girls in " program groups" that did not always challenge or reward hard work and acheivement. Just wondering if her experience is all that unique or if anyone else has had similar?:rolleyes:

As long as the small gym is run well - I prefer smaller gyms. I say this because my dd is at a small gym - love the individualized attention - but not the management. I already have a long ranting post about that one though, lol.

Anyway - I think it comes down to personal preference and where you daughter will be happiest.

Yeah, I went back to read that post....I hope your DD's small gym is still afloat?! Sure is the downside, our small gym is also fighting to be around for awhile too. Thanks for the input!

I have had the same experience as you. We just switched from a bigger gym to a smaller one and are much more happy with the individualism our girls are getting. At the old gym, the 'good' coaches worried about the optionals and then the others were jsut kind of going through the motions a lot instead of being corrected, taught and challenged.

Same thing for us. I felt that my DD was warehoused away in some strange way that actually obstructed her development. Our frustration level was high! Small gym additude is completely different for us too. Coach wants to make a mark and works hard to help the girls get more advanced skills and will move them up levels as fast as they can handle! I hope your 2 DD's love it too!

big gym, more equipment, more space, more teammates, more staff

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back