Parents Big Whine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Whine, whine, whine!!

Bean was given a wonderful opportunity to train at a fantastic club in Oshawa, Ontario for a few days this week, while her coach is helping with choreography.

She's been texting me with happy updates the whole time, the coach there is an ex-Olympian, the club is HUGE, the kids are welcoming, and she's having a blast! The whine is because I miss her SO much!!! WAAAAA!

Bean's had good fortune all summer, an 11 day trip to New Market to visit my sister and her kids, and train at a fun club there. (with a very sweet little girl she'd met at qualifiers last year, and emails regularily!) This current cool trip, and in 2 weeks, the opportunity of a lifetime, to go as a demonstrator to the Canadian Adventure Camp!!

With the increase in training for summer (every weekday) and all these trips, I'm going crazy!! I've joked for 2 years that she's my part-time daughter, but now it's becoming my reality!

I know she's in excellent hands, and her coaches love her as their own, so this isn't a true problem...but definitely an eye opener about what the future may hold.

My other 2 daughters have been extremely gracious about these opportunities, but they miss her too.

Anyone else ever feel this way? I know, I'm a suck:):(:(

Awww, I would be miserable too !! Maybe you would feel better if you had some wine with your whine !!! : )

I am glad she is enjoying herself. I can only imagine how much you miss her.

(((( HUGS ))))

Whine away. I would miss my little girl, too. I miss her when she is at practice and we homeschool, so I see her all day. LOL. Hang in there.

My dd is miss social butterfly so I have gotten used to her gone all weekand on occasions,which is a nice break.But this summer she went away for 2 wks to visit family which were the longest 2wks of my life.I just had to keep rembering how much fun she was having and what a great chance to no her family more.

Thank you all for your kind words. And even more thanks to Jfish, who sought me out on FB to give me a gymmie's perspective, since she can't post in the parent forum!

I was having a little pity party, and it's nice to know I'm not completely alone in these feelings. I know she's learning, growing and developing skills that I couldn't give her without this gym experience. All of our girls are very blessed to have found a passion that teaches so much.

So the whining is over for now, but I reserve the right to whine again in the future, if need be:)

What an awsome opportunity! But I do feel you lol I would be having a pitty party and whine fest too. Infact I think I am going to grab a bowl of ice cream now in your honor :D...Hope she has a blast! can't wait to hear an update.

The trip was a success! I had an exuberant little girl talking my ear off last night until after 11:00!

Her coach drove her home, and the 3 hour drive turned into 5.5 because they hit Toronto at rush hour. They also made a stop for dinner at Kelsey’s to break it up a bit.

So, the brags… Bean got to train with the National girls! From the mouth of her coach, she’s a show-off (as if mom didn’t already know,lol) she stepped up her game, in order to belong. She was throwing her front and side ariels on medium beam, no extra mats! She only started training them this summer, and has never done them higher than floor beam. She also nailed her RO-LO beam dismount, and has upgraded to RO-Full, and is landing them well! She “fixed” her giants, I didn’t know they were broken, lol, but apparently her elbows had been bent and it was slowing them down?! And lastly, she met, was spotted by, and complimented, by her new idol, a young lady who was our Olympic Alternate for the past games!! From the mouth of Bean, “she was SO nice, and SO tank (that’s a compliment in her gym!) and SO determined! I’m going to be just like her! Oh, and she liked my fulls”

A happy ending to my pathetic little pity party! I’m thrilled that she had such a great time, but even more thrilled to have my baby home!

Oh, and Nequia? Thanks for helping me with the ice cream. I did more than my share of indulging, lol.

Bean and I definitely share the same idol!! It makes me so sad to see you have to write Olympic Alternate as she was clearly the class of Canadian gymnastics that year. I've seen her train several times and she is a work horse so I am sure Rayna got to see some great stuff! Her sister is also incredible!

Oh I'd miss mine too, if she had those opportunities!! How cool that she was able to do it!

I do understand you ! I see my DD 1 week on 2. And on last week she was suppose to be with me but she want a WHOLE week with my mom on camping (3hrs far of home). She as her birthday with my mom and went back to her father... SNIF! SNIF! SNIF! She miss another week with me this summer to go to a camp.

Now i'm on a panic mode because 2 weeks left before school and i didn't have time with her !!! I think i'm going to call «sick» at my job 1 day just for be sure that i have a full day with her (She wont be hapy because she will miss gym !!!).

So i do understand you, we can share the same pot of ice cream !!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back