Bigger Baby Bog back surgery update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BBB had her two month post surgery check up yesterday. She is doing great and her flexibility is very good and pain free. She has four more months of doing nothing until she will be released for sports etc. SO long and boring for a teenager, she misses her muscles!!:D

But she is totally pain free and has been enjoying walking around and going to malls without pain.

That's fantastic! And I can totally sympathize with doing nothing as I absolutely hate it- even though the longest I was "restricted" was a day or two!

FANTASTIC!!!!!! So will she try to go back to gymnastics at some point?

I am very relieved and happy for her (and your family) I was wondering how her recovery was going...we have a sweet young gymnast at our gym (12yo) who is having back surgery in about a week, and she's a bit scared. I am going to share your story with her, maybe it will cheer her up. She has a little bit of a different situation-scoliosis-so she was going to need surgery regardless of whether she was a gymnast or not...

BBB will never go back to gym or T&T, there are a few things she will never be able to do, which is tough for a 14 year old top swallow. But to be free of the pain is the number one goal/

She wants to play on the HS basketball team, we are hoping they will give her a place and let her join the team in January. GOod chance of this as the phys ed teacher really gets her and know she is a great teamplayer. Otherwise there are not many options here.

Azgymmiemom. Back surgery is daunting for adults, and it is very hard for kids. But after seeing the great work they do at the Shriners and the improvements that have been made to childrens' quality of life, it is worth it. Technology is amazing, we are thrilled that this was possible for BBB.

Oh hooray for Bigger Baby Bog!! I've been sending as much good thoughts and energy her way as possible. So glad she's safe and pain free. I might have to have back surgery myself and she's been an inspiration :)

I am so happy to hear this Bog... Wonderful news for a wonderful kid!

I am just thrilled she is able to be pain free. Tell her relax for now, she will be using those muscles again in no time at all :)

x-ing fingers she will get on that basketball team. LOVE that she wants to stay active!

What wonderful news on BBB. Im sure having to take it slow another 4 months is going to be trying. But she has been through so much..when she looks back on this pain free 4 months it will seem like nothing. So glad she is pain free. And keeping my fingers crossed that they save her a spot on the basketball team. Please keep us posted.

:cool: Yay! [Although since I've already read your other thread I'm not sure that this is exactly appropriate but, well, as my husband always tells me we need to focus on the successes along with the challenges and draw inspiration from them.] Hang in there!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back