WAG Blind change on floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kiwi

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Judge
One of our compulsory levels has in the floor routine back extension roll into a blind change. Can someone please explain to me how the gymnast initiates the turn?

One of our compulsory levels has in the floor routine back extension roll into a blind change. Can someone please explain to me how the gymnast initiates the turn?
We do those all the time (I think that's really good you have those in a compulsory routine, wish we did), but not exactly sure what you mean by 'initiates.' When you are upside down on your hands, the turn/twist is initiated with the feet, followed by the knees, then hips, etc. Most girls naturally try to initiate turns with their hips which is never a good idea! ;) Also, make sure that they shift their weight off of their moving hand before they begin. Hope that helps. :)

same way you do it on a single bar. if you turn left, you push from the right shoulder and post on the left arm when the body is just before the complete handstand.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back