Bogwoppit competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So my oldest had her first meet of the season today. This is the first of four. She came away feeling quite dissapointed with herself, as all her team mates medalled in their catagories and she did not. However, we (coach and I) keep reminding her of the fact that she has been injured for over a year and a half. She has taken a lot of time off and hasn't worked on vault or tumbling at all this year.

So all that to say, and of course these scores won't mean a thing to you, here is how she did.

She was in a group of 21 girls, she placed 12th or 14th on each apparatus and 12th overall. Middle of the pack.

Vault 10.8 By far her worst event, a point lower than last year, but hey she got over it with no real training

Bars 10.95 A bit lower than last year, but it was easy to see where she lost points.

Beam 10.15 Her best event usually, she was great until her BWO and she fell off in the middle of it, she got back up added another A skill in and redid her BWO (nailed it of course!!). She was very dissapointed there, but it was fixable for another time.

Floor 11.40 She did not tumble and took out one jump.Only .2 lower than her last years best score with real tumbling (0.6 bonus) and jumps (0.2 bonus) , so she has improved, perhaps if she can get her tumbling back she will do great, Who knows.

I was very proud of her, she was with two other team mates and she cheered them on and yelled for them when they were on the podium and she was sitting alone on the floor, A great team player.

Hopefully things will get better as the season goes on, her next comp is not until Feb 9th, so maybe she will have a chance to work on some stuff. If not, well she's still lovely!:D

Next up is little Bog on Jan 26th, her first real comp.

PS Nic, no vids this time, she has asked me not to share them with our usual group, Maybe she'll be up fpr it next time. Ego's are fragile things>

You're in Canada, right? What start value do they start at? You're right, she didn't do too badly considering she was injured. She should be proud of herself and proud of the fact that she got out there and did her best. Things can only get better from here! :)

Yes, we're in Quebec, start values are between 13 and about 13.8 depending on the bonus skills used. It is our second year using this open ended scoring, very interesting, lots of confused parents still.:eek:

She had made some personal goals pre comp, and she made some of those, that certainly helped a bit. Though she is still sad today, she will get over it eventually. Sadly they were supposed to have a "cours libre" tonight (gym class where post comp they get to do some really fun stuff), but it will probably be cancelled as we have so much snow!!

The results for her whole level and age group came out today, she came 38th on 70, really not that bad at all, certainly no provincials (like states) for her, only the top 12 get to go there.

Thanks for your kind words.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back