Parents Booster Club and who it "covers"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We don't have a booster, but I know a friend whose gym has a booster but it doesn't cover t&t (not sure if it covers Xcel). In the past we had a gym with a booster but it was for JO only, no Xcel or t&t included.

Our T&T team hadn't been a part of the booster club until last year. It now only covers JO and T&T, not Xcel, though I don't think the Xcel team is competing this year, so that's sort of a non issue.

IMO, a booster club should be for ALL team gymnasts. Period.

All members of the team participate in our Booster Clib and all members receive peiportionate benefits. From rec team through Xcel and Optionals. Membership is optional, but nearly all families join.

All members of the team participate in our Booster Clib and all members receive peiportionate benefits. From rec team through Xcel and Optionals. Membership is optional, but nearly all families join.
Can you expand upon what you mean by rec team? Do you have a competitive recreational program? Booster Clubs, as I understand them, are to help defray the cost of competitive gymnastics. Not sure how that would apply to rec.

Can you expand upon what you mean by rec team? Do you have a competitive recreational program? Booster Clubs, as I understand them, are to help defray the cost of competitive gymnastics. Not sure how that would apply to rec.

Not sure about that poster, but some gyms in our area have JO, Xcel, and a rec team. The rec team is essentially a step down from Xcel in hours and competitiveness but they are a team and they do compete. ETA: our gym has a level 3, 4, and 5 rec team and they do the JO compulsory routines I believe.

Not sure about that poster, but some gyms in our area have JO, Xcel, and a rec team. The rec team is essentially a step down from Xcel in hours and competitiveness but they are a team and they do compete. ETA: our gym has a level 3, 4, and 5 rec team and they do the JO compulsory routines I believe.
And I will add that rec teams usually only compete locally so there is no real travel.

In our area, there is a small, low level ( L2 and L3 basically) competitive track that many gyms participate in. Non-USAG. For DD's gym, it was their version of preteam. DD did 4 hours a week and competed in 3 or 4 small meets with other local (never more than 30 minutes away) gyms. There would be 1 judge per event. The girls got scores and ribbons, but there were no awards or placements. It was a very low key introduction to performing routines for a judge and audience, learning to salute, etc. It gave families a small taste of competitive gymnastics without a big commitment. Comp leos were sleeveless and coordinate with the team leos. DD had a great time in a low pressure atmosphere.

Since these girls are part of team, but at a very early recreational level, they are able to join the boosters and receive the benefits (and responsibilities - volunteering, etc.) of membership. A portion of their comp. gear is paid by the boosters as well as a percenrage of their meet fees, just like the rest of team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back