Welcome to our Gymnastics Discussion Community
554,231 messages... 44,365 topics... and 6,612 members
Join for FREE!
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts & High 5 Meets!

Booster Club Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristilyn73

Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Hi CB Friends,

My DD's gym has had a small booster club for a few years. We have done one or two fundraisers a year. There has been one mom kind of running the whole show. The daughter left the gym and hermom is not doing any Booster Club stuff. She asked that I take over for her. I said yes.. The gym is 100% behind me.

From talking to this mom she has done nothing to set up bank accounts, make the Club a non profit organization etc. She had bank account in her name that she deposited funds (Very Disturbing to me!:eek:)

Where do I start??? Do I need to set the club up as a Not for Profit organization? I know I dont want the bank account in my name - I want it in the boosterclubs name..

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks In Advance!

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
Oct 3, 2007
If you look back at the popular tags there is a ton of info about how to start one from 2007. The one tag has 51 posts. I know when we finally got off the ground we should have contaced an acountant to do the paperwork. Now that the gym has 2 kids on team whose parents are accountants we are doing fine. PM me about things you need specifically and i can try andbhelp.

kristilyn73

Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
If you look back at the popular tags there is a ton of info about how to start one from 2007. The one tag has 51 posts. I know when we finally got off the ground we should have contaced an acountant to do the paperwork. Now that the gym has 2 kids on team whose parents are accountants we are doing fine. PM me about things you need specifically and i can try andbhelp.

D - I knew I could count on you to help!

Thank you !

K

Status
Not open for further replies.