MAG Boys camp question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

jolah89

Proud Parent
My 9 year old son will be going to Flip Fest next month and I could use some advice from parents who boys have gone to camp before. I feel silly even asking, but I am a bit worried about how he will manage at camp ;) My son would probably be totally okay (and it might not even occur to him, ha!) to change clothes, bathe, etc if we didn't remind him. So, the list states to pack clothes to wear in the gym (1 morning and 1 evening workout)...do most boys change back into the clothes they wore for the morning work out again for the afternoon/evening work out? Do they even change clothes at all each day? Would one outfit be okay for the entire day, or should I pack more clothes? Any tips on packing for boys would be fantastic as the list is definitely geared towards girl! Thanks!!

I am trying o remember what we did. I know he took 1 workout outfit per day, and then maybe extra shirts...although he usually worked out shirtless I think. It seems like he took about 10 "outfits' or just sets of clothes. I do think he wore things over and over, honestly.

I would say at least pack 2 shirts per day, just in case. And maybe a few extra shorts. They can get muddy/dirty during the non-gym activities. Also, make sure everything is labeled.

I would say at least pack 2 shirts per day, just in case. And maybe a few extra shorts. They can get muddy/dirty during the non-gym activities. Also, make sure everything is labeled.

Thank you! I will do that. Hopefully he will change clothes and bathe at some point, lol! Boys :eek:

Thank you! I will do that. Hopefully he will change clothes and bathe at some point, lol! Boys :eek:

And brush their teeth. sigh. my ds just got back from camp. There was a suitcase full of "dirty clothes" but I cannot guarantee they were all worn lol. At least it is just one week....

A couple of our 9-10 yo boys just returned from a sleep-away gym camp. I sounds like they wore the same clothes all day, wore gym shorts for swimming (didn't change into their swimsuits), forgot that you should use soap when you shower, and had a wonderful time.
Label everything! Many boys have the same meet shirts, same shorts, and the little guys aren't very good at corralling their belongings. Also, make sure the grips & grip bags & water bottles are clearly labeled.

A couple of our 9-10 yo boys just returned from a sleep-away gym camp. I sounds like they wore the same clothes all day, wore gym shorts for swimming (didn't change into their swimsuits), forgot that you should use soap when you shower, and had a wonderful time.
Label everything! Many boys have the same meet shirts, same shorts, and the little guys aren't very good at corralling their belongings. Also, make sure the grips & grip bags & water bottles are clearly labeled.

That will totally be my son! I honestly can't wait for him to go, and if he doesn't bathe or brush his teeth the whole week then that is fine...it will just be a smelly ride home :)

My oldest has done both gymnastics and boy scout camp, a week each time. In both cases the problem was over packing, not under, no way he wore different clothes every day and he certainly did not change mid day unless he went swimming, and then yes he probably just got back in the same clothes.

Aside from labeling, I would suggest check the weather (temperature) for where/when it is including late evening and early morning and send a sweat jacket or sweater and a pair of long pants if that seems needed.

Otherwise I would be very surprised that any boy would need more than one change of t shirt and shorts and socks per day, if that. (I assume that is what they mean by workout clothing.)

I just asked my son and he said that you should send less clothes and more money. :cool:

My oldest has done both gymnastics and boy scout camp, a week each time. In both cases the problem was over packing, not under, no way he wore different clothes every day and he certainly did not change mid day unless he went swimming, and then yes he probably just got back in the same clothes.

Aside from labeling, I would suggest check the weather (temperature) for where/when it is including late evening and early morning and send a sweat jacket or sweater and a pair of long pants if that seems needed.

Otherwise I would be very surprised that any boy would need more than one change of t shirt and shorts and socks per day, if that. (I assume that is what they mean by workout clothing.)

I just asked my son and he said that you should send less clothes and more money. :cool:

Less clothes, more money!! Hahah:rolleyes: I'm sure my son would agree!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back