MAG Boys Gymnastic sleep away camp mid-atlantic region

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Has anyone or their boys attended Woodward PA or IGC? Are there other options in the DC, MD, VA, WVa, DE, PA region

My 9 yr old son wants to go to sleep away camp this summer and asked it there are lots of boys at these camps or is it mostly girls and a handful of boys?

He is new to competting but loves the sport and works hard. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

IGC And Woodward both have lots of boys... more girls, but definitely a large percentage of Boys. I would look at IGC first, but Woodward is a good choice too

When my DD spent a few summers at IGC, we really did not see many boys there at all. They had a few cabins tucked into the corner, down the hill. I think maybe Woodward pulls more boys than IGC??

My boys have gone to woodward several times, and loved it. As far as the quality of the boys program, I'd say it's great for boys in the highest level group (who get to work with Slava, who is something of a legend among those who've worked with him) or the lowest level group (with Allan, another absolutely fantastic coach), but the group in the middle varies a bit depending on the week. They usually have a pretty good coach for that group (they certainly did last year), but not always (I wasn't wild about the coach they had the year before).

One of the families at our gym sent their son to woodward last summer. He was 9 at the time. From what I hear, he absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back.

woodward would have lots of boys because of the skating ect. :)

My L6 son attended the thanksgiving igc camp, it was mostly little girls, but the boys have their own gym. He liked the coach-it was a recent college grad-
My son was not interested in the sharing a cabin with 10 kids, so he did the day camp. They were very organized and everyone was very professional. It was expensive.
Good luck choosing!

We are looking at sending some of our boys to Lake Owen. Lake Owen is Woodward's sister camp.

I know woodward west has brought in a substantial amount of boys all the weeks I have gone, so I would think Woodward would also.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back