MAG boys teams in the Southeast very close to a recreational lake / river

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

emorymom

Proud Parent
We like to get out of the city for most of August. There is another family we vacation with and we've gone to the same river for the past four summers. We share a house and it ends up being so affordable and fun for the kids that we will likely continue long term.

Now the boys of both families are in team programs and I'm wondering if we should consider moving the location to a place where they could get a few workouts to maintain conditioning without having to drive so far. In the current location I have driven DD to a gym 40 minutes away for some workouts. Last summer she had a bunch of conditioning testing going on at the end of August and I kept driving her off the mountain to condition at playgrounds etc. or trying to find trees that would work (doorway frames of house don't work for a chin bar). But now we have some boys to deal with too and that gym does not have a boy's program.

Any suggestions?

That is a good option. Still hoping for something more like 10 minutes ... do you have team camps in the summer that are open to outside gymnasts?

We haven't in the past, but I've been considering trying to start something like that. It's on my list of things to discuss with the owner next time I see her.

There are some options in the VA Beach, VA/Hampton Roads, VA areas...not sure about rivers and lakes though, I guess there are some? The beach is a bigger draw I guess. I'm not that familiar with the geography.

That is a good option. Still hoping for something more like 10 minutes ... do you have team camps in the summer that are open to outside gymnasts?

10 minutes??? you do watcha gotta do... i'm just sayin...:cool:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back