Parents Brag Alert: Last meet of the "regular" season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
This year the way the meet schedule worked out was that Kathy's first meet and her last meet were at the same gym. Her first meet, back in October, was NOT pretty. She scratched on bars, got a 4.85 on vault, and a 21.3 AA. That day I told her, "Your last meet of the season is here too. Just imagine how much better you'll be the next time you compete here!" Today was that last meet. Here are her scores...
Beam: 9.3 (1st!)
Floor: 8.65
Vault: 8.4 (2nd)
Bars: 8.7 (2nd)
AA: 35.05 (2nd)
Her level 5 team also got 1st place!
It was a league meet, so the competition was not as stiff as some meets, but even so, I am so proud of her. Back in October, while I was sure her scores would improve (at least I sure as heck hoped so), I wouldn't have believed she'd top a 35 before the season was out!
Sectionals in 2 weeks with fingers crossed she'll qualify for States!!!
Oh, AND today is her 10th birthday (and, of equal importance, it is also her twin sister's 10th birthday)! I am the mother of two children in the double digits! Where did the time go????:confused:

Mary -
This is such a fabulous thing to read. Her improvement is fabulous!! She should be so proud of herself - and what a fabulous birthday present!!!

Happy birthday to both your girls! (My daughter is a twin, too!)

What a fabulous birthday present Kathy gave herself. She was the one that had to keep practicing and work those routines to get the results she did today. How fantastic for her! Best wishes for sectionals and hope you'll post about her heading for states.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Kathy (and her twin)!

Wow, what a meet! Her scores/placements were impressive but even more so is her perserverence to get there. I plan to relate her story to my own L5 dd who has been struggling this year. Thanks for the post!

Nice job!! She should feel very proud of herself.
Good luck at sectionals and states - -and happy birthday to both of your girls...

Oh how GREAT to read! You all must be on cloud nine! That is HUGE improvement and I am very impressed especially knowing how few hours your gym practices. Like I have said before, they mist be doing something right! Congrats to her and her team, and happy birthday to your girls!

Wonderful!! She is obviously working very hard and has improved lots!! Woohoo!! And Happy Birthday to your kiddos!!

That's amazing! What a great improvement. I bet she's so proud of herself, as she should be. Way to go! ..and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both girls!

Wow!!! Great improvements and what a great meet!!! All her hard work is definitely paying off!! Happy birthday to the girls and best of luck at Sectionals and States!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back