Parents Brag alert- She loves the bars!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bribri514

So my niece is loving her new gym and structured practices and skills and everything. Like I said up until this summer she'd been doing rec classes through the city recreation district. I brought her to a few gyms and we both really like the one she's at. Anyway she tested into a L 5 group originally because she had a lot of the skills, including her kip. Now she's picked up her squat on, long hang kip and tap swing. She's working on her back kip circle and is really close. Bars were always one of my weaker events so I'm just really proud of her. She told me that she used to play on this (from what I get, abandoned) playground near her mom's apartment and would just spent hours messing around on the monkey bars. Glad she's in gym and not some random playground doing this stuff lol! Her biggest thing right now is the vault, she says it's weird running full speed into something that's not moving (I love vaulting).

But yeah I just had to share! I'm loving being a "gym mom". I think part of her motivation is to move up to L 6 soon because there's more girls her age in that group. We'll see! I told her gymnastics takes time and I generally spent a year per level. She's also just very excited to get a competition leo. I got her her first new leo (she was wearing some of my old ones, the ones from when I was older than her, she's definitely has a different body than me, a lot taller- compared to me who fully grown is maybe 5' and thinner with long legs!) the other day. I think she's caught the gymnastics addiction! My brother is thrilled with me ha ha, especially when he had to write the first few checks for gym stuff the other day.

GReat news Bri, it sound slike she is a natural. GLad you are enjoying being with her, I am sure she loves being with you too!

Bribri, what a great influence you are on her! Yes, much safer being in the gym than on some random playground fooling around on the monkey bars! Sounds like she's found a home away from home in her new gym. I'm glad you're making this journey w/her. I hope to see you and her at some meets this upcoming season!

Sounds like you've gotten her started on her gymnastics career and must be a super positive influence. It does take some girls awhile to get their heads around vault---running full out at something that doesn't move isn't natural.
Hope you have a great time as a "gym aunt."

How did it all work out with choosing a gym, finding transportation, etc? Sorry if I missed a post where this was all explained. I was trying to keep up. Regardless, it sounds like it's working out great! Your neice is very lucky to have you! Have you made any decisions about transferring schools yourself? It sounds like you want to stay close (geographically... I'm sure you will always be close emotionally) to your niece.

Thats great Bri. Glad she is having such a good time. Sounds like she is a natural. Good thing she has a nice safe gym to practice in instead of the playground..lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back