Brag and Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Saw dd do her double backs into the pit with mats a little higher than the floor yesterday.She did about 6 of them an landed them on her feet.If she keeps being consistent she will have that pass in her routine.Aslo did her whole floorroutine with the double back but the other 2 passses were "watered down.I s suppost to do a fhs whip tuck or pike and bhs 1.5 tuck or pike for the other 2 passes.She also does side switch poppa and round off wolfjump.
She told me she has done her beam routine although I was not there to watch.She does bhs bhs,switch leap straddle jump,fhs,full turn,splitleap tuck 3/4 and round off 1/1 as her dismount.
Well when she did her round off she stepped on her toe and now it is blue and green.Ouch.
Vault will be the same as last year.Piked tsuk.
Still trying to put that bar routine together.Well she still has a little bit of time left.Does all the individual skills.Double backs of bars are getting better too.
Bars has never been her thing.

WOW!!! Can't wait to hear about her 1st meet competing all those skills! She's gonna knockem' out! When does she start her season? I'm sure her routines are exciting to watch. You gotta post some videos for us:D. Hope her toe heals up quickly...it will probably be every color of the rainbow during the healing process:p. Hope it's not too painful for her though!

Sounds like she's right on track for a really good L9 season. Bars will come in time. When is her 1st meet? At least you got to see some of her practice. I stopped in toward the end of practice last night and got to watch my gymmie break in her new grips!! Wow---not terribly exciting.

That darn ro dismount on beam causes alot of injuries.

She has her Mockmeet on Dec 20 th and her first real meet in mid January.So she still has a month or better left to train.
I will post her Mockmeet on youtube.

Shame about the toe, ouch!!! I hope that heals fast.

But thoses skills, they are awesome, she must be feeling wonderful about them. Way to go!!!

I happen to have the same problem of landing on my toe on the roundoff on beam. I keep joking that my toenail is going to be flat and i'm gonna have a toe shaped indent in the bottom of my other foot. Now if i could only get my coach to let me do double backs...:(

Awesome! Since everything is at the resort this year at GWGF, we are hoping to actually get to see the level 9s. We'll be cheering her on!

Ouch!I hope this was the only time my daughter did this.Her toenail is now a deep blue.
Sounds like she is getting beat up alot.Got snapped in the back of her thigh with a bungee just shortly before the toe incident in gym and a few days later she fell of the beam on her bhs bhs and hit her head.Had a big old goose egg on the back of her head.So much for doing good on the beam.I'm sure it will take her some time to get over it.Did not go to the gym the day after,hed hurt everytime she jumped,and has been off since because of Thanksgiving.
Mockmeet is comming up fast.On the 20th of December.

Thanks,the Level 9's and 10's are competeing on Friday.Not a problem since daugher is homeschooling this year.Just read your other post.Sounds like your daughter is doing great.Will she be competing Level 6?

Awesome! Since everything is at the resort this year at GWGF, we are hoping to actually get to see the level 9s. We'll be cheering her on!

Yes she'll compete L6. It's never been a great meet for her. Last year it was the first time she had a fall on beam and the first/only time she has EVER fallen on bars at a meet. Grrr... Hopefully, competing at the resort will change her luck. We love to go to GWGF because the scenery is gorgeous and the vendors and activitites are the best!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back