WAG Break and older L9/10's?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If any gym owners out there are looking for a way to keep an income trickling in, I just want to say I would so pay a weekly fee to have my daughter’s coach (or anyone from her gym) condition her and her squad over zoom or some other group conferencing platform. And I am not the only one.
This is what my daughter’s gym is doing. Not everyone signed up for it, but for those that did they do it on zoom and they are divided by levels (compulsory, lower optional, upper optional). It’s helpful to keep the kids connected and on a bit of a schedule.

If any gym owners out there are looking for a way to keep an income trickling in, I just want to say I would so pay a weekly fee to have my daughter’s coach (or anyone from her gym) condition her and her squad over zoom or some other group conferencing platform. And I am not the only one.

We are lucky, our household has so far managed to keep one job despite the shutdown. Lost one income, but still feel lucky and want to pay it forward by continuing to pay folk who will struggle more.

She has been following the program the gym sent her, but today as a change she tuned in to the GymNSW workout live stream and the difference was amazing. Even though that was one way - we could see them but they could not see us - we could see that there were hundreds of other households participating, we could even see people we knew joining in, and their comments. And the feeling of connectedness made it feel so much more like gym and less like homework.

My daughter’s gym is trying to set up some sort of online thing. I hope they can make it work.

I would pay for this too.

haha yes the gymnsw session this morning was popular, my daughter also did it.

My daughter is lucky and her gym are doing online sessions (2 hours not the full regular training time, not sure of their long term plan) and she is also a ballerina and her studio has them currently doing around 16 hours a week (more offered but my dd doesn't do all days) on zoom (as well as some awesome extras). LOL some classes like pas de deux obviously had to be cancelled).

As homeschoolers we have been amazed by the number of online classes being offered at free or low cost. We can't keep up, lol. (on top of her paid regular training being online).

We are lucky, our household has so far managed to keep one job despite the shutdown. Lost one income, but still feel lucky and want to pay it forward by continuing to pay folk who will struggle more.

She has been following the program the gym sent her, but today as a change she tuned in to the GymNSW workout live stream and the difference was amazing. Even though that was one way - we could see them but they could not see us - we could see that there were hundreds of other households participating, we could even see people we knew joining in, and their comments. And the feeling of connectedness made it feel so much more like gym and less like homework.

My daughter’s gym is trying to set up some sort of online thing. I hope they can make it work.

haha yes the gymnsw session this morning was popular, my daughter also did it.

My daughter is lucky and her gym are doing online sessions (2 hours not the full regular training time, not sure of their long term plan) and she is also a ballerina and her studio has them currently doing around 16 hours a week (more offered but my dd doesn't do all days) on zoom (as well as some awesome extras). LOL some classes like pas de deux obviously had to be cancelled).

As homeschoolers we have been amazed by the number of online classes being offered at free or low cost. We can't keep up, lol. (on top of her paid regular training being online).
My dd is level 9 but I'm pretty sure they are offering online classes from Rec up. My middle dd coaches WAG and her club are doing online classes from rec up as well.

This is my issue, my L10 hates to condition. We've been out for 2 weeks and she's done it maybe twice. If I tell her to she gets pissy at me. The vast majority of moms I talk to say their (older) teenagers are this way as well. This is why I wonder how many will go back and if and when they do if it will be so hard then they quit. OR their skills are subpar next year. Ugh. I mean I know they think they are invincible but no conditioning or mediocre then to go back to L10 is going to be HARD.
Totally get the "pissy" teenage gymnast!! Mine is doing pretty well with conditioning, but she has completely shifted to an "evening" schedule i.e. goes to bed really late, gets up really late, like 2:00 pm late...I don't like it at all, but you have to pick your battles and this is a very unusual situation. I think she does it partly to not to have to hang out with me so much since I am retired now. I get that and actually don't mind that she doesn't want to hang out with me all day. I have to bug her sometime about getting her school work done and she doesn't like that either. She was a first year L9 last year and she is really hoping to move to L10 even though her bars are weak. We will see what happens with all this gym closure stuff and how are we going to come back. You have to have the skills so it is pretty black and white with gymnastics. She might just do her strong events this first year of L10 and then try for AA in her senior year. Only time will tell, but I am hoping her dreams come true!!

Our gym is doing this and it’s been amazing! Many are continuing to pay and we get over 8 hours of zoom training per week for L3/4 and up. Wide variety of conditioning, stretching, yoga, ballet, event skills conditioning. I’ve been super impressed and I don’t think the girls will have as much of an uphill battle when they return,

Our situation here in Australia is very mild with COVID 19 right now, we have only had 7 deaths so far, and they have said that we should expect for the restrictions (which includes closing all sports) to be for 6 months. Things are much worse in the US, you guys may be closed even longer.

However, we are going into Winter and you guys are going out of it, so Summer may help you.
No, 6 months is too long. Our country can’t stay shut down that long, we won’t survive.

It looks like it won’t be 6 months after all. Things are going well in Australia, transmission rates and very low, deaths rates are very low, testing rates are high. Our Prime Minister has said we are in a much better position that we thought we would be at this time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back