Bridget Sloan

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

acmyrh

I absolutely love love love love love her!!! Anyone else? What do people think are her chances of making the team? I want her as the third bar worker and possibly back up on floor and maybe vault...
Her lines and technique are so perrrrfect!

I love Bridget. She's super sweet, and I've been following her since she was itty-bitty (I competed against Sam Peszek in L7... never competed against Bridget though). If she's healthy and has figured out her bar dismount (or decided to go back to the DLO), I think she has a great shot at the 6th spot. I also think that a totally healthy Bridget could outscore Sam on floor and possibly even vault (she's been working that DTY since at least 2004); I just hope her knee is holding up because I'd love to see her on the team!

I want so very badly to see her on the team, but she did not do so well at trials, and I'm not sure if they'll take her.

Bridget is such a beautiful gymnast. Sadly, I'm afraid her lack of flair is going to limit her success internationally. It has nothing to do with style or form...she's just lacking the "it" factor.

I can see her doing some awesome college gymnastics and following a path like Katie Heenan.

I think that Bridget's great as well, who knows what surprises will happen when they name the team, and she does have bars, but she needs to prove she can be relied upon I guess.

Katie Heenan had a great college career, and before that won two bronze medals at 2001 worlds (team and bars), so maybe if the years were different, she may have been an olympic medalist as well..

So many great gymnasts and so few olympic spots!

SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bridget made it on the team, I am sooooooooooooooo happy for herrrrr.

I wish she wasn't on the team. She wouldn't have been if Shayla didn't break her leg, I'm sure of it. She is inconsistent and doesn't have very good form.

Eh...good for her...

She has great form and does clean gymnastics. She can do a 180 degree split which is refreshing.:eek:

I still think she's going to make a great college gymnast.

I have grown to love Bridget!! To be honest I really didn't follow her gymnasts but after watching her podium training, she is really great! Her floor is awesome and she is great on bars!!! Beautiful lines!!!!

I really enjoyed watching her podium training too. I suspect (though I haven't caught gymnastics much lately) that she hasnt gotten much air time and attention they usually only show the favorite 5 or so.

~Katy

I love Bridget!

Unfortunately, NBC is so biased that until they learned she had a shot for the O-Team, she was merely an afterthought to them. Then when she DID make the team, they left her out of the video they posted on NBCOlympics, they only showed Penny announcing 5 girls.

I'm really happy she's on this team and did her job in preliminaries!

Bridget did a fabulous job in prelims, really kept her cool and showed TPTB that she is a great force to be reckoned with.

Excited about her vault tonight.

It really worked out for her. She was pretty much picked to perform one routine, prelim bars, maybe finals if she was really lucky. But with the injuries, she did AA in prelims and finished 11th and then vaulted leadoff in finals!

I have grown to love Bridget!! To be honest I really didn't follow her gymnasts but after watching her podium training, she is really great! Her floor is awesome and she is great on bars!!! Beautiful lines!!!!

I totally agree with everything you said!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back