WAG British Espoir Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

marie83

Coach
Judge
British Gymnastics have put up videos of our Espoir Championships which was held last weekend. Espoirs are elite gymnasts aged 12 and 13 in the year - so some may still be 11 yrs old! I know a lot of the members here are from the USA and Canada and it's always nice to see what other countries are doing! I believe anyone can watch BGTV - her is the link:
Espoir Championships 2011

Here is a montage of one of the competitors - Lauren Mitchell. She is one of my favourites at the moment because I believe she only trains for something like 15 hours a week - I know that is a lot, but not at this level! YouTube - ‪Lauren Mitchell : Espoir 2011 - Aspire Gymnastics Academy‬‏

Here is a montage by Aasha8 of teamsparkle fame of some of the top competitors
YouTube - ‪British Espoir Championships 2011 - We Are Golden‬‏

enjoyed these kids quite a bit.:) thanks for the watch link.

No probs, glad you enjoyed it. Some of the bigger names were out of the comp due to injury, including Aasha Kimpton (wrist injury) and Ellie Downie (Ankle injury) However, the quality of the competition was so high, they'd have had to be on top of their game to beat Rhyannon Jones who won it. The girls who made EFs now get to compete at the British Champs in July which is usually held in Guildford, but this year it is moving to Liverpool's Echo Arena for the first time. The Gymnasts will get to compete on a podium, some of them for the first time, so it'll be a great experience! I REALLY want to go, but can't really afford it this year :( Definately going next year whether I can afford it or not, being the Olympic year this is where they will announce the team! :D

What a shame I only just saw this. I was there for both the elite and challenge competition and really enjoyed it - so many talented gymnasts and exciting gymnasts! For me the full in on floor was a highlight (the gymnast from TNAG - can't recall her name) and some of the beam work was really lovely.
I hope to be at finals next month too.

What a shame I only just saw this. I was there for both the elite and challenge competition and really enjoyed it - so many talented gymnasts and exciting gymnasts! For me the full in on floor was a highlight (the gymnast from TNAG - can't recall her name) and some of the beam work was really lovely.
I hope to be at finals next month too.

emily crowe?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back