WAG British espoirs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congratulations to Catherine Lyons- 2012 Espoir champion. It was an amazing competition. Also congratulations to Ellie downie and Amy tinker. GB's future looks bright.

Anyone know what happened with Catherine's Bars and vault? Are they her weaker pieces or did she have an off day?

I was getting the live scores on gym data and after the first 3 pieces (beam, range, floor) she seemed untouchable, outclassing everyone. I think she was 2 or 3 whole points ahead! She won those 3 pieces by a huge margin... Then vault and bars she didn't even make top ten. If it had been a standard 4-piece competition (without the range) the more consistent gymnasts would have caught her.

Anyone know what happened with Catherine's Bars and vault? Are they her weaker pieces or did she have an off day?

I was getting the live scores on gym data and after the first 3 pieces (beam, range, floor) she seemed untouchable, outclassing everyone. I think she was 2 or 3 whole points ahead! She won those 3 pieces by a huge margin... Then vault and bars she didn't even make top ten. If it had been a standard 4-piece competition (without the range) the more consistent gymnasts would have caught her.

There was nothing wrong with catherines Vault she just isnt as strong on there as the others. On bars she missed her geinger completley so not only lost a mark for the fall but also .4 for the geinger and .5 for the Egr.
Amy tinkler fell on Floor and Ellie Downie on Beam.

Catherine is a beautiful gymnast with great style and flexibility who thrives in competition where good splits are a must and clean easy routines with few mstakes get boneses. Add in range and conditioning and shes laughing. I think she scored a extra 1.2 in boneses and a massive 13.3 on range out of 13.5 this kid was made for this type of competition. In a 4 piece competition without range she would have finished 5th. Tyesha mattis who lacks flexibility and only scored in the 8s for range would have won the competition with ellie dwnie in 2nd both scoring over 52 to catherines 50. But rules is rules and some coaches play the game well espeshially with such talented gymnasts like catherine. Lets see what happens in the future when the difficulty has to be added in and playing safe isnt rewarded.

Catherine is a beautiful gymnast with great style and flexibility who thrives in competition where good splits are a must and clean easy routines with few mstakes get boneses. Add in range and conditioning and shes laughing. I think she scored a extra 1.2 in boneses and a massive 13.3 on range out of 13.5 this kid was made for this type of competition. In a 4 piece competition without range she would have finished 5th. Tyesha mattis who lacks flexibility and only scored in the 8s for range would have won the competition with ellie dwnie in 2nd both scoring over 52 to catherines 50. But rules is rules and some coaches play the game well espeshially with such talented gymnasts like catherine. Lets see what happens in the future when the difficulty has to be added in and playing safe isnt rewarded.

i don't understand your comment about playing the game, what routines were you suggesting Catherine should have done? Gymnastics isn't all about whoever has the highest sv should win, it's about difficulty relative to execution. Catherine has many more years to build on her difficulty.

I watched the comp and didn't think Catherine's routines were 'easy' for a first year Espoir although she makes them look very easy. Even without the bonuses I think Catherine would have still top scored on beam and floor which she should be given credit for. I think it's a shame how quick people are to put down such a worthy champion who must have worked so hard to perform so well. Catherine if you're reading this well done you took my breath away just keep doing what you're doing. Also unlucky to Ellie Downie who's had such a fab season, you were amazing to watch

Catherine is a beautiful gymnast with great style and flexibility who thrives in competition where good splits are a must and clean easy routines with few mstakes get boneses. Add in range and conditioning and shes laughing. I think she scored a extra 1.2 in boneses and a massive 13.3 on range out of 13.5 this kid was made for this type of competition. In a 4 piece competition without range she would have finished 5th. Tyesha mattis who lacks flexibility and only scored in the 8s for range would have won the competition with ellie dwnie in 2nd both scoring over 52 to catherines 50. But rules is rules and some coaches play the game well espeshially with such talented gymnasts like catherine. Lets see what happens in the future when the difficulty has to be added in and playing safe isnt rewarded.[/QUOTE

:) bitter much?. Tyesha is great and consistent. "rules are rules" but if we are gonna take out range and bonuses to get the champion we want then i was expecting Ellie to win ( although on the day I felt Catherine should off). So if we take out range, and we pretend none of them fell then actually Ellie would off won with places 2nd -5th all within .1 of each other. Oooh let me calculate the scores without vault, surely its not fair that 3 of them did a full twisting yuchenkos, when the others may not yet have that power

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back