burnout

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

so I've been doing gymnastics for about five years now and I'm struggling. in the last two years, me and three other girls left our past gym to go open a new gym with our coaches. the owners at our past gym were not good people and we had to leave. I am I pretty good gymnast, I'm a level 7 working level 8, I don't have any mental blocks right now but I kinda just dont want to do it anymore. which my mom says I can retire when i feel it's right but the owner/my coach/second mom to me says to the four of us a lot that she will be very hurt when we quit so I am kinda afraid to do it and it wouldn't be for a couple months but I'm just kinda done with this sport. i have only done gymnastics and a little dance and i want to try other things and i am also a newborn kitten fosterer and its doesn't work well when I have to be at the gym all day and feed kittens every two hours. I don't know what to do anymore, my coach keeps talking about next season and I just fill with dread. I'm just really tired. i know this was long but anyone have any advice?

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket. How old are you Sophie? When you post here please use capital letters. it makes it much easier to read your posts.

Retire when your season is over. It sounds like you know your mind and what you want in your life right now. You do not owe it to a gym owner to stay in the sport.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back