Parents Buying a video camera

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
My daughter will being moving up to level 4 next year and I want to be able to viedo tape some of the meets. The problem is that I don't have a video camera. I would like to get something that has good resolution and good focus. What do you have. I also want to be as cheap as poosible. Any sugguestions?

I just bought a new video camera, I love it and guess what it is idiot proof.

It is the JVC Everio GZ-MG330ru, the ru bit stands for red, because it is awfully pretty too. It also comes in blue,silver and shiny black. Of course that had no impact on the decision.

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/17759/jvc-gz-mg330/ a review of it.

I have had video camera with tapes before, but it was always such a pain to upload them. This is a hard drive camera, you plug in the USB and drag and drop the vids to your folder. You can also puch one button, if your computer has a DVD burner, and burn a DVD just like that.

It has a 35x optical zoom which is amazing for a video camera and I have to say it works great. It is very small, light and has a nice big screen.

I did do a lot of research as I love gadgets and I am very happy with consumer ratings of this camera.

I have seen it online for about $450 us, I bought mine in Canada.

Happy camera hunting, I video all my DD's meets do Dad can see them and the Grandparents who live 3000 miles away. It is worth every penny.

We have a Sony Handycam. We got it at the end of last year and have used it for the last 3 meets. It seems to work really well, it is small and lightweight and user friendly.

We also have a JVC Everio - the GZ-M30U model - it has 25x optical zoom. I have to say though, that this is our 2nd one - the first one had a bad hard drive and I lost 2 meets plus a birthday party :( This one we've had for over 2 yrs and works great.

Gymmonkeymomma,

Now that reminds me of our fabulous family vacation to Arizona for my hubby's 40th birthday. We took tons of video, the kids having a ball, beautiful scenery, photos too.

When we got home hub lent the camera to his Dad who filmed all of their childhood movies over the top of our trip. I was so mad with the pair of them. We had some photos from the kids disposable cameras, but that was all. SO now Arizona is seen through the eyes of a two year old and a four year old, all very lovely.

Glad I can still remember, the kids cannot though!:mad:

That is the problem with video, it can be lost so many ways!:eek:

I have a Panasonic 32x optical zoom that copies directly to DVD-R Dvd-RW DVD R dual layer, it is great since it copies directly to a disc, the only down thing is that you have to format the disc before you can play in DVD player or computer and can not copy anything else onto disc after you do that, I would make sure that you can plug into computer to load to computer without wasting lots dvd space, mine does not. Cost $200 DVD is the way too go.

All this video camera technology is over my head. The last time i had a video camera it took a full size VHS tape. That made it fairly idiot proof. I hope I can figure out all this digital stuff. Keep the suggestions coming!

With a DVD recorder it is just a mini disk, put it in, push the record button. To format it (make it permanant) you just push the button and put it in computer or DVD player and watch so simple!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back