Cake

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can't wait to try your "authentic UK" custard recipe for my younger dd. She is obsessed with custard, and basically anything and everything from your side of the Pond, all thanks to one unnamed Time Lord!!

So until I can afford her dream vacation, I'll be off to find that caster sugar...I've never seen it in stores in the US, but maybe I just haven't looked.

This makes me instantly love your dd, haha! Don't forget the fish fingers ;)

If I wasn't on a temporary Paleo experiment right now, I'd be down in the kitchen baking my heart out!

Proper Custard

1 egg
1 dstsp Castor Sugar
1 tsp Cornflour (cornstartch)
1/2 pt (10 fl oz) Milk

Place all ingredients except milk in a microwavable jug, mix well with a whisk. Add milk, whisk again and heat on full power for a couple of mins. Mix again, heat again til thick and boiled (about another 2 mins).

Serve with fresh fruit or ginger cake.
I made this just a few minutes ago- YUM! I had some tiny cupcakes that didn't turn out as planned a few weeks ago so I just tossed them in the freezer. I decided to defrost, top with some of this custard, berries, and a few chocolate chips- because when I eat dessert I don't mess around :D. It was delicious, and the fact that it was so easy and that I have so many more frozen cupcakes could mean this gets made way more than it should...

I have a glass jar of castor sugar and I keep a vanilla pod in it, I use that for deserts and it has a nice subtle vanilla flavour

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back