Parents Camera Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canon Rebel XTI with a Sigma 70/200 F2.8 lens. It's not a cheap set up but my husband gets awesome pictures with it. There's also another camera/video thread around here somewhere with a lot of information.

I second the Canon - LOVE mine to death. I opted for the 75-300mm lens instead though.

Really though, I think most of the dSLRs available now would work well. The key IMO is the get the dSLR. No lag time EVER, which is what killed me when I tried to take pics with the old standard digital. By the time the camera got through its lag, the shot was gone. not a problem with the SLR!

Another Cannon Rebel XT here with a fancy zoom lense added. I haven't snapped pics for gymnastics since dd is just starting out, but it's great for my 5 yr old ds playing basketball ;)

I have a Nikon D80 and I love it. I have an additional lens so I can zoom in closer (across gym) It's expensive but an amazing camera.:)

OK, I just purchased a Nikon D60 this summer for competition season. Last night I spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to turn off the flash so it won't go off. Then some little light in the front started flashing. My daughter competes this weekend and I am desperate!! Any suggestions???

Also, what setting do you use in the gym???

I don't have a cool camera but wish I did. We are however lucky one of our coach's husband is a photographer so when he comes we get great pics. :eek:

You are very fortunate!! I decided that I wasn't going to spend $7 to $8 per picture like I have done in years past. Especially after one of the photographers was down right rude to me last year!!

I saved up all year to get this camera and I am very excited. If only I could get the flash to stop coming on!! I think I will take it to practice tomorrow and see if any of the other moms might know.

My D80 has taken lots of practice to start to figure out, it is really a "professional" type camera, but I just played around with it. My D80 on the sport setting turns the flash off automatically, there is a flash button on the right side of my camera, looks like a lighting bolt. I have not used it at a comp. yet (this is my DD's 1st year) but at the NCAA national championships in Athens I used it on the sports setting w/o flash. When the girls were still/not flipping/moving fast I would switch back to auto with the flash turned off. Read your manual about sport setting....it helped me a lot by teaching me how to adjust my camera speed. In the sports setting you can help my cameras "shot" button down and it will take pictures constantly, looks pretty cool in a DVD slide show (kodakgallery.com/DVD) I hope that helps some, my camera also came with a CD-Rom tutorial that was a lot of help! If you have any more questions I might could answer just message me! Good Luck, you will figure it out!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back