Camp recommendations

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Chickadee

Proud Parent
Hey All, there has been talk around DD's gym about the girls attending summer camp as a team. We're aware of IGC and Woodward as well as Gymrep in Quebec. Are there any others in or around Ontario (Eastern Ontario/Western Quebec) that people are aware of and would recommend?

@bogwoppit coming from Canada, with the exchange rate, do you feel IGC worth the money and travel? I know the kids have a blast and I feel it would be a great experience for DD’s team to do together but do they gain skills, knowledge, etc to make it worth it? Probably hard to answer that, but I’m just trying to figure out how to justify this to DH,over your basic sleep away camp 30 minutes away, if the team decides to do it.

@bogwoppit coming from Canada, with the exchange rate, do you feel IGC worth the money and travel? I know the kids have a blast and I feel it would be a great experience for DD’s team to do together but do they gain skills, knowledge, etc to make it worth it? Probably hard to answer that, but I’m just trying to figure out how to justify this to DH,over your basic sleep away camp 30 minutes away, if the team decides to do it.

It was at par when we did it, so it was a good deal. Honestly camp is not a place you go to get skills, it is for fun. My girls definitely tried new skills and did get some, but then back to their own gym and regular work continued.

IGC also has a massive amount of paperwork and medical stuff compared to GymRep.

Last edited:
@bogwoppit thanks, that makes perfect sense. I think it would be a great opportunity to have fun with her friends and do something she loved at the same time...amazing memories. So wish they still offered it at par! Lol

I didn't even read this thread - but I saw "camp" in the Canada section and had to share:

GYMREP WAS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE - and I wish I could be 10/11/12 years old again just to go back.

Honestly - It has been about a decade since I have been (actually longer...) but I still have the fondest memories. I highly recommend it for all Canadian gymmies!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back