can anyone help me by telling this????(fast)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

see i am a self taught gymnast and i have no coach so i need your help with this...
i've been trying to do kickover and handstand for last few months but i am not even able to do it
here what i am having problem with:-
1) can't kickover my leg
2) hands feel weak for kicking up or handstand
3) once tried and fell
4)i just can't kickover
5)once did handstand with help of sofa but didn't end up well
also, i am double jointed elbow and hypermoblie joints
:):):):):):)it would be very helpful if you could tell me what is wrong!!!!:):):):):):):):)

Yeah, you need strength and technique training. If you REALLY can't see a coach, try watching YouTube videos from CREDIBLE gymnastics channels to help with the technique. Push-ups, sit-ups, hollow-holds, shoulder shrugs on a bar, and wrist stretches may help with the handstand. Make sure you are going into it in a proper lunge, and that you really press through your shoulders. To practice kick-overs, elevate your feet in your bridge on a higher surface like a stair or a couch.

I would consider PT or seeking professional help before getting into gymnastics at home because you are double jointed and have hypermobile joints. Those commonly cause injuries in gymnastics. A better way to learn, even cheaply, would be to join a recreational class at your local gym. You can go once or twice a week.

Please make sure you have padding under you and are not attempting anything advanced without proper coaching. Stay safe!

Self taught gymnastics is rarely a good idea. If done correctly gymnastics can strengthen and develop the body and muscles, but without the watchful eye of an experienced coach it is al ost impossible not to make technical mistakes in skills, which result in undue pressure being placed on particular parts of the body.

When this happens you usually don't notice any problems at the time, but too much pressure on the wrong body parts, will cause problems that build up over time and can result in life long pain and injuries. There is a.so a very real danger of acute accidents. Which can result in life threatenening injuries.

At best you will teach yourself poor technique, which will stop you from progressing in your skills. Look for a coach/class to help you learn your skills.

Self taught gymnastics is rarely a good idea. If done correctly gymnastics can strengthen and develop the body and muscles, but without the watchful eye of an experienced coach it is al ost impossible not to make technical mistakes in skills, which result in undue pressure being placed on particular parts of the body.

When this happens you usually don't notice any problems at the time, but too much pressure on the wrong body parts, will cause problems that build up over time and can result in life long pain and injuries. There is a.so a very real danger of acute accidents. Which can result in life threatenening injuries.

At best you will teach yourself poor technique, which will stop you from progressing in your skills. Look for a coach/class to help you learn your skills.
THANKS

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

THANKS YOU

[/QU
I agree with everything that was said.
Also, be careful of backbends and bridges. Doing too many of them, even with good technique, can be very bad for your back, and even more so if your technique isn't good.
THANKS

Yeah, you need strength and technique training. If you REALLY can't see a coach, try watching YouTube videos from CREDIBLE gymnastics channels to help with the technique. Push-ups, sit-ups, hollow-holds, shoulder shrugs on a bar, and wrist stretches may help with the handstand. Make sure you are going into it in a proper lunge, and that you really press through your shoulders. To practice kick-overs, elevate your feet in your bridge on a higher surface like a stair or a couch.

I would consider PT or seeking professional help before getting into gymnastics at home because you are double jointed and have hypermobile joints. Those commonly cause injuries in gymnastics. A better way to learn, even cheaply, would be to join a recreational class at your local gym. You can go once or twice a week.

Please make sure you have padding under you and are not attempting anything advanced without proper coaching. Stay safe!
THANK YOU

I think you should go to a level one tumbling class(es) to help build up your skills. Also to help you improve by keeping your arms in place and legs together for handstand. And for the kickover you could try putting you feet on and mat and going into bridge and than kickoff one leg at a time. It makes it easier when you do it off of a mat or even a chair.

I think you should go to a level one tumbling class(es) to help build up your skills. Also to help you improve by keeping your arms in place and legs together for handstand. And for the kickover you could try putting you feet on and mat and going into bridge and than kickoff one leg at a time. It makes it easier when you do it off of a mat or even a chair.
thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back