Can I make it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone,
My gym is trying to get me to be on level 3 by then end of the summer so then I can compete level 3 in the fall. I was wondering if you guys thought I could make it. Here are my current skills and the things I'm working on.

Floor:
Forward roll (tuck and straddle)
Backward roll into push-up position (working out the kinks in my straight armed one and have never attempted to do it straddle)
Candle
Straight jump
Tuck jump
Split jump
Cartwheel
Bridge (straight legs, knees together)
Headstand
Handstand (5 sec. hold)
Roundoff (with high rebound)
Handstand forward roll (straight arm)
Handstand bridge
Backbend
Press to handstand
Splits: 120 degrees
Working on:
Bridge kickover (can do with cheese, really close without)
Back walkover (light spot)
Back handspring (light spot)

Beam:
V-sit mount
all the walks
lever
leap
Straight jump
tuck jump
split jump
Handstand on low beam
Cartwheel on low beam
Cartwheel side handstand dismount
Working on:
Handstand on high beam

Bars:
Piked glide
Straddle glide
Pullover (every time now)
jump to front support
leg cheat
leg cut
shoot-through
leg cheat backward
pinwheel hold
forward roll off
pull-up
leg lifts
Working on:
Back hip circle (so close it makes me mad)
Mill circle

Vault:
Squat on
Dive forward roll
Handstand fall flat (Marion McMillan gymnastics level 4 vault usag - YouTube That's what we call a handstand fall flat. don't worry, that girl doing that vault isn't me)
Handstand push-off the vault table
Working on:
Perfecting everything

Do you think i will make it or that it will take a little while? Thank you in advance!

Don't you need a round off back handspring for level three? I think you can make it! It looks realistically possible if you keep working hard :) Good luck!

Wow, I remember reading some of your posts not too long ago and you seem very determined and hardworking! At the rate you're improving, I think it's very possible! Good luck and don't be discouraged about the back hip circle. You'll get there! :)

Yes go for it!!! keep working hard and I'm sure that it'll be possible! Another thing you may want to work on on bars is a front hip circle and ROBHS for floor! Good luck!

The main things you are missing are the round-off back handspring and the front hip circle. Keep working hard!

At my gym, the rec team ( levels 1-3) isn't affected by the level change, so we don't need a front hip on level three. Right now, we are doing round off, stop, spotted BHS.

The biggest skills for level three are: handstand on beam, mill circle on bars, and for me, a back hip circle. It's okay if you don't have a ROBH at first, for like, your first meet, but by the time of your second one you should have it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back