Parents Can someone please explain this to me?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

needcoffee

Proud Parent
Soo... I'm still new to this and have lots of silly questions! Sorry!!

In Australia, I believed we are judged on difficulty and execution. (Yes? Lol). This year DD has the option of cartwheel, BWO, FWO or tick tock for beam. Do any of these have a higher "difficulty" score than the others? For example, someone performing a BWO will automatically have a higher score than someone performing a cartwheel?

Fwiw, DD will do the FWO, as that is what she is most comfortable with. Poor kid is still terrified of the beam.

Sorry again for this silly question, and no doubt my future silly questions!

With the new rules there is no real separation of D and E scores until level 7. There are a few options in level 5/6 like the beam acro skills you mentioned, but no bonus.
I anticipate some poor judging with the new rules. Many detailed compulsory routines to remember (for the non Aussie folk - there are two floor routine options in some levels!!! arghhhh). Those coaches who spend time perfecting the detail of the routines may not get the rewards they deserve because the judges have not put effort into knowing the routine like the good coaches will.

Thank you!!! I'm finding the new rules really confusing, even our coaches can't seem to tell us much at the moment!

There is no difference in value of the back walkover, front walkover or tic toc on beam. Most kids will do the back walkover because most find it easier to find the beam with their hands, than trying to find it blind with their foot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back