Parents Can someone tell me how to hand wash a Leo?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

needcoffee

Proud Parent
I currently have no washing machine (kill me now) and have run out of clean Leo's. I'm embarrassed to admit I have never hand washed anything in my life.

I read in the other thread that someone mentioned GK says not to hand wash their Leo's as they bleed? How can I avoid this?

Please give me the idiots guide to handwashing Leo's, step by step!

I use woolite and cold water. Plug the drain, put a little woolite in the sink and run in some cold water. Put the inside-out leo in the water, Swish it around a bit. Drain the sink and rinse the leo in cold water until all bubbles are gone. Lay the leo on a towel and roll ti up to get most of the water out. Then unroll ti and hang the leo on a rack to dry.

Also some areas of the Leo may need a little extra liquid soap on them and an extra rub :)

Good luck and I really hope you are soon washing machineified -am so hearing you on that one :)

Well I never use soap or washing powder as it takes the shine off mystique leos. I simply swish in a basin of cold water with a handful of salt added, rinse, spin and air dry. If no washing machine, roll in a towel to remove as much water as possible.

Eek get to the shops for a new machine?
But yes laundry tub, warm water with some detergent, clean, rinse, rinse, squeeze, squeeze in a towel and hang.

I wash Sylvia P and GK Leo's by hand or in the machine with one pump of liquid hand soap. Snowflake Leo's seem to go better swished in salted water and then rinsed. I then roll them in a towel to squeeze out water and dry on a hanger. I used to dry flat on a towel but they seem to develop mould during our humid weather if I do that.

I've never had problems with colour run, losing dimontes or the mystique rubbing of using these methods.

Reactions: COz
salt is used to fix dye so if there is a chance of it running I would add salt. I use the bidet, make sure you have a nice volume of water so if it does leek colour it gets diluted, make it cool, add salt if you need to and I use hand washing liquid that I got for camping pre the days of washing tablets.

Reactions: sce
Oh, I hang dry on wood drying rack. I fear using a hanger with the wet leo will stretch it.
http://www.amazon.com/Household-Ess...F8&qid=1434512098&sr=8-7&keywords=drying+rack
I don't know what a wooden drying rack is! Isn't it funny how we do things differently around the world. I hang the really good Leo's on a suit jacket hanger to help preserve their shape. Particularly the $300 competition Leo.

But after a while "the favourites" look so disgusting I just chuck them in the regular wash with all the school and football clothes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back