WAG Can someone watch a video for a friend?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mish

Proud Parent
Are there any coaches, judges, or knowledgeable parents who can watch my friend's video of her dd's level six floor routine? She is starting with a 9.5 start value. We think it has something to do with her leap pass. The coach says because her chasse is not connected to her hitch kick, but my DD thinks there is something wrong With the whole pass. Also the leap is not connected to anything. She has already asked Coach twice and feels uncomfortable at this point. She is not on Chalkbucket so I told her I would reach out. Thanks in advance!

I will have my DD watch it.. she’s also a L6 but she’s incredibly familiar with the code requirements for L3-7.

ETA: I can already tell you though, there must be a dance series that is connected, even if indirectly, so if her leap isn’t connected to anything at all there would need to be another dance pass.

The leap could be indirectly connected to the chasse which could be indirectly connected to the hitch kick and it would still be acceptable.
True. I was taking it as written that the leap isn’t connected to anything.. video would be easiest!

The easiest way is to put it on YouTube so that it’s not public but it’s viewable with a link, and then send the link. You could also do Vimeo the same way, but that would be private with a password.

The easiest way is to put it on YouTube so that it’s not public but it’s viewable with a link, and then send the link. You could also do Vimeo the same way, but that would be private with a password.
Ok, ugh this is annoying. I guess I will ask her to do that first. Or I could pm you another way if you are ok with that

The dance passage requirement is two directly OR indirectly connected dance elements, one must be a leap. So if she does just a single leap with nothing attached to it in any way then that is probably the issue. However, as a coach, if one of my athletes is not getting a 10 SV then it is my job to ask the judge what they are missing (and yes, you CAN ask the judges questions) so its odd to me that the coach would want to solve this problem.

Thanks everyone! She got some answers from helpful people here, and hopefully the coach will be receptive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back